Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Unable to purchase The Guardian Shield Reinforcement Package

Unable to purchase The Guardian Shield Reinforcement Package

"The Guardian Shield Reinforcement Package is available for purchase at all stations where a Guardian Technology Broker is present after the module has been unlocked."

I was unable to purchase the module at the Tech Broker I unlocked the module at. So I headed to Shinrarta to find it there. And It is not there...

I have confirmed the game did at least take my materials and data so I should have access to them.

I am just so confused and tired of this nonsense.

Do whatever you have to do to get me access to them or find out what the problem here is.

Most of my time spent in ED over this week was just to travel and gather all the nonsense I need to unlock these new guardian shield boosters. It has already been extremely frustrating to deal with your overly forced RNG mechanics and now to be confronted with this problem at the end of it all is the icing on the cake. It feels like finishing a marathon through biowaste and then the finish tape is made out of barbed wire. And then instead of giving you a prize they hit you in the head with a shovel.

I just want to kill some Thargoids with the new toys. Maybe see if I can finally solo a Medusa ya know. And whether the unlock requirements are deliberately drawn out by design or outright made impossible by some bug in the update something seems to be continuously in the way of all that.

Please get back to me with either a solution or identification of the problem.

the following is the only reason I can think of as to why they aint available to you
    You cannot donate portions of the required resources and so you must have all items ready to hand in simultaneously. Therefore it is suggested that you make sure you have all other materials first before bringing commodities to a Technology Broker

When you at station go to outfitting and it will be in Hull Reinforcement Packcages categorie with normal HRP's and Guardian HRP's. (I know, it's stupid but this is where they put it).

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    Sounds about right.

Once you unlock the module at Tech broker, you can buy the module in the outfitting screen.

Originally Posted by Support Naro View Post (Source)
    Sounds about right.

Once you unlock the module at Tech broker, you can buy the module in the outfitting screen.
    You are going to have to explain the reasoning behind placing the SHIELD reinforcement packages in the HULL reinforcement section.

I see it is not a technical issue but a design flaw. It's pretty thoughtless to put it where you did. The Hull section is the last place I would have looked for anything involving shields. You could have done that better. The fact I had to ask about what was happening and where it was hiding is kind of proof of that.

Hey CMDR, this exact topic is being discussed for a future update!