Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone please explain the fine system to me .... because I am clearly missing something

Originally Posted by Sylveria View Post (Source)
    Well, hey you know- loitering in a station will get you the death penalty, after all.

I've been playing for well over 4 years now and still waiting on someone to explain the viability of that one to me.

Absurdity at its finest.
    It is the old biblical approach: kill everybody for anything.
    If it worked for the ancient hebrews....

Although, to be honest... I never read about them loitering in space stations.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Or, preventing trolls by stopping them from blocking up the entrance to the station or its pads... I can guarantee if that "little bit of mean fun" wasn't there it's exactly what certain players would do...
    I know what it's *for* but it works by instant escalation to lethal threat (and then death), there's no steps in-between...and when many landing pads STILL have glitchy stuck-ing issues thanks to those nonsensical lightposts, it becomes a bigger issue.

Originally Posted by V'larr View Post (Source)
    Isn't this sort of a good thing? Kinda just a case of "it only makes sense" in my eyes?
    Maybe you are right. I didn't think about it in terms of good thing or bad thing. It's just my way of adapting to a cumbersome situation. I just focus on a solution so I can keep playing with minimal hassle. Maybe if things change, I will come out from the "underground". Until then, I am Proximo waiting for Rome to re-legalize gladiating.

There are two ways to make this not so much of an issue.

One, - Place the "Turn yourself in" option somewhere other than the first option when you enter the contacts screen.

Two - add an "Are you sure? - you are about to turn yourself into the authorities, this will result in being moved to a prison ship" button, after clicking turn yourself in.

The main reason people are confused, is because they are so used to clicking through the menu to pay off fines, they just do it without realising what they've done.

I know this, because I accidentally did this the other day, even though I literally knew the system existed - I thought I was paying off a fine, because it's in the same place as that, and is visually very similar, at a glance. The "Turn youself in" text, is the difference, and a significant one! I was just clicking through as normal though, as I had gained a fine for a scrape on the way into the station, and thought I was just paying that off.

I wasn't just paying that off though, I was turning myself into the autorities for the bounty I also had on my ship.

Clearly we just need one of those famous Frontier Flow Charts.

Originally Posted by Sylveria View Post (Source)
    Well, hey you know- loitering in a station will get you the death penalty, after all.

I've been playing for well over 4 years now and still waiting on someone to explain the viability of that one to me.

Absurdity at its finest.
    It's a collision hazard and disrupts the flow of vital traffic.

Such measures are also not unprecedented in real-world areas where attacks are common, or anywhere police/security forces are uneasy, when giving the benefit of the doubt falls way to shoot first, ask later, caution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123