Thread: SRV Emergency Drop

SRV Emergency Drop

I've been trying to find a landing spot near one of the Guardian ruins for the last half an hour.

When we call the ship back, it can hover and grab the SRV without landing.

It would be *really* useful if we could also drop the SRV below a certain height without landing. And take damage from the fall of course, adding a bit of skill requirement to the operation.

Right now langing at some of these sites is like trying to get parking at a shopping centre at lunchtime on Christmas Eve.

Emergency drop sound good as long as it get disabled within 7.5km of any landing pad or if you're more than 30m above ground.

Can't have people ejecting their SRV in to space or having them driving around in orbital stations.

Well you could, but I'll grant you that would be more work for FD.

I agree, would love to be able to drop SRV from the air, the number of times I've flown to the top of a mountain I wanted to basejump off only to discover I couldn't land anywhere!

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I agree, would love to be able to drop SRV from the air, the number of times I've flown to the top of a mountain I wanted to basejump off only to discover I couldn't land anywhere!
    Whaaaat? You found an atmospheric planet??? 😉

This mechanic would be a krait addition OP!