Thread: ZOO or SAFARI? My park on Isla Nublar :)

ZOO or SAFARI? My park on Isla Nublar :)

hello everyone.. as my title says, I am torn on how to get a 5 start rating on nublar. some people mentioned here that either you get a good looking (subjective) park but poor rating. or an efficient park but it looks cramped like a zoo. personally i would rather have a large biological preserve type safari for a park.

this is what i'm sharing on this post. my own version of JURASSIC PARK on ISLA NUBLAR. but the rating never seems to stay at 5 stars permanently. it always dips down to 4.7 / 4.8. but anyways i myself would still love to go to this park if it were real regardless of rating

so to start off, i've divided my parks to 5 different areas. each having their own hotels, viewing galleries, restaurant, arcade and clothes shop. in the beginning i had a small pond with trees in the middle of the area. but the game kept marking them red. so i demolished my viewing galleries and replaced them with fossil zone and fast food. it increased the rating to 100% but still i'm not getting 5 stars so i just let it be. was a little sad i had to destroy my ponds though. in between each paddock are a thick line of trees. so dinos won't see each other and to give the park a nice island / biological preserve kinda feel. but i would have loved if it were much thicker and larger

area 1 top left corner: allosaurus. dilophosaurus. stegosaurus. brachiosaurus. kentrosaurus. mamenchisaurus.
    area 2 top right corner: carnotaurus, deinonychus, velociraptor and suchomimus
    area 3 lower left corner: giganotosaurus, apatosaurus, triceratops, styracosaurus, sinoceratops.
    middle area: pachycephalosaurus, stygimoloch, nodosaurus, ankylosaurus
    middle lower area: tyrannosaurus rex and spinosaurus
    far right corner: parasaurolophus, edmontosaurus, corythosaurus, maiasaura.

in the center there used to be an innovation center (name michael crichton innovation center).. and two science centers (named hammond and lockwood science centers) so guests can learn a little science behind dinosaurs, the earth's history and the creation of jurassic park. and behind them is a small lagoon and forest. but again since the game marked these as attractions and needed food, drink, fun etc, i demolished them and replaced it with a hotel and some restaurant and clothes shop.. now i'm just thinking this the deluxe hotel for VIP guests. it has a nice loop of the monorail to entice curiosity among the guests.

then my little worker village with it's own monorail to take workers in and out. tucked neatly behind some trees and concrete walls so guests won't see the private staff only zone. it has large power stations, two incubation labs and the ranger and acu teams. was surprised to see staff in lab coats and security uniforms walking around. it was like the game knew this was were the miracle workers of jurassic park stayed hahaha. also i have my own cheap path for service / maintenance roads around the whole park. this is where the rangers go on to restock the feeders and medicate dinosaurs. also the road and power lines are behind the trees aligned were the paddock gates are so guests wont see them. these power lines also go through trees in the middle to reach the substations so guests wont see them.

the island's prehistoric residents.

some overview shots of my park during the day, dusk and night. too bad weather doesn't work. would have loved for some rain though. also my rule of thumb i never place a monorail pillar inside my enclosures, i always imagine that a dinosaur might rampage and destroy it. haha so i always keep them outside as much as i can.

if you've reached this far then i thank you please feel free to comment and give me tips on better managing my park.

Since the star rating doesn't give you anything (besides possible achievements...ie nothing) just play as you like.

My personal view... Don't worry about the guests.

Originally Posted by okxt2jzdjsrz View Post (Source)
    Since the star rating doesn't give you anything (besides possible achievements...ie nothing) just play as you like.

My personal view... Don't worry about the guests.
    thank you sir. now i'm thinking of another new idea for nublar with your suggestion in mind

Originally Posted by Hououin Kyoma View Post (Source)
    thank you sir. now i'm thinking of another new idea for nublar with your suggestion in mind
    Well, I hope I wasn't your inspiration. Lots of others have done the same...

Originally Posted by okxt2jzdjsrz View Post (Source)
    Well, I hope I wasn't your inspiration. Lots of others have done the same...
    haha no, i just watched a video by BIS, and he didn't care for his park rating on nublar either.. got me thinking. always wanted to try building park like a science / military complex with no hotels whatsoever. just pure science and research in mind. now i've made up my mind i won't be bothered by ratings.

Took me ages to load all the images on this thread. Your park looks great.

Originally Posted by GonerMcGoner View Post (Source)
    Took me ages to load all the images on this thread. Your park looks great.
    thank you sir yeah had lots of pictures to upload hehe