Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 67707172
Results 1,066 to 1,077 of 1077

Thread: No Man's Sky changed my perspective.

Originally Posted by M00ka View Post (Source)
    Over a 1,000 posts on a topic that doesn't really need to be discussed.

Who cares if someone prefers ED over NMS or NMS over ED, or heaven forbid, enjoys both games. Each game has different objectives, different look, different playstyle, one isn't better than the other, one isn't worse than the other.

I don't play NMS, never have, never will. I looked at it, decided I didn't like the cartoonish look, didn't like the idea of the mandatory grind just to survive, didn't like the arcade aspects. What I didn't do is jump on the NMS forums and go on and on how poor (in my opinion) their game is, that would be rude and very childish.

Is there some unwritten law in the internet ether stating you can only like one game of a similar genre?

However I do suspect some contributors to this thread are only responded as it gives them a chance to put ED down, but I suspect I could post any topic and the same would find some tenuous link to tell the world how bad ED and FD is
    +Rep... I believe you have hit the nail on the head.

However I do suspect some contributors to this thread are only responding as it gives them a chance to put ED down, but I suspect I could post any topic and the same would find some tenuous link to tell the world how bad ED and FD is
    Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    +Rep... I believe you have hit the nail on the head.
    ^ +

Originally Posted by rlsg View Post (Source)
    False on so many levels - it might be fairer to say that no content you are personally interested in has been added in the past two years.

Certain individuals keep claiming every few months (if not every few weeks) that ED is dead, yet it still is not.
    Frontier make mistakes and yet that's players fault. Dont throw stones in glass houses. They are not perfect and suggesting everything is fine is no less disconnected than the developer.

Also patting each other on the back for telling players they are irrelevant, have no value to the discussion and so forth really, really elevates your position. Right?

Give me a break. The best thing to happen to Frontier will be proper competition because it will make them hungry for success and not coasting along because they can afford to.

NMS is still trending higher on Twitch and other platforms because unlike the forums, it's a reflection of player trends. Elite is a great game that is let down at times by execution. I think it's fair to say most want to see the game succeed. That's the important bit.

Not who gets to be right, congratulate each other for mocking players and so forth.

I have no idea if anyone else has mentioned this, there’s 72 pages so far so even with search not going to do it.

NMS is trying to be everything for everyone, that’s why it’ll never be released as a final product. Elite is a disappointment for some, a masterpiece for others, a work in progress, and lets everyone join in the journey. Elite has it’s faults, but at least it has the guts to be live and open to criticism, as recent times have proved (guessing here that there are people working at Frontier who haven’t slept all weekend).

Spacelegs be b;o*locksed.

Edited because can’t spell bol*loxed. Still can’t.

Originally Posted by Soulstain View Post (Source)
    What? Fully modelled cockpits???? Do you mean modelled in so much that you can see all of it? Better than what sims???

You are right that NMS is arcade. It’s not trying to be a sim in any way shape or form but trying to say ED is not arcade is a joke. Do you play sims? DCS, Falcon 4.0, Steel Beasts etc. No, ED does not have fully modelled cockpits if you are trying to to say fully functional, which is what fully modelled means in the sim world. Takes about an hour to figure out how to fly around, land and shoot things in ED. It takes almost as much time to prepare for takeoff in DCS. It takes months to learn to fly and kill things let alone survive in any sim I mentioned above. ED is sim light. More like the dumbed down Flaming Cliffs 3 in DCS. Even that is stretching things.
    ED simulates more than just space ships and flight. it also simulates a fictional world with its economy and stuff. it simulates our entire galaxy down to planets complete with space stations and settlements.

Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    Frontier make mistakes and yet that's players fault.
    No-one is claiming either but the claims being made are fundamentally false.

ED is still being worked on and evolved, there are players that still play it and enjoy it, plus not everyone feels that the content added by FD since release is completely moot.

NMS and ED are notionally for notionally different target audiences, the same goes for the likes of WOW, EvE, GW/GW2, ESO, and GTA Online. The fact that ED does not meet the desires of one or more of these audiences does not make ED bad in itself nor does it make FDs efforts sub-par. To try to claim otherwise is basically exaggeration and mostly QQing over not having their pet feature or features delivered in a timescale they "think" it should be done in with zero knowledge why it has not been done nor how it can be done.

So what if NMS is trending higher on the likes of Twitch, it may be indicative of the trends of "some" players but it is far from being indicative of "all" players. Given NMS's initially poor reception and nature I am not surprised it would be more popular to watch, but if people are watching things like twitch then they are not playing their chosen game or games. On the most part - such things (twitch and the like) are on the most part a waste of time and resources IMO.

ED is not coasting as a product, the pace of development is fairly reasonable given the obvious level of technical complexity which is essentially required to achieve the end effect and as the product evolves development will (or should) get naturally slower (to at least some degree) due to the additional quality checks. Too many software houses push out their product far too quickly without doing the level of checks and/or testing they should be doing, FD are not perfect but they do seem to be doing far better than most in that regard.

Originally Posted by galaxias View Post (Source)
    guessing here that there are people working at Frontier who haven’t slept all weekend
    I doubt it, FD have a plan of delivery for the remainder of this year and are developing a plan for delivery of future content. I would not expect to be hearing much solid about either till probably Dec 1st (maybe mid-November) at the earliest.

I have no idea what I'm even talking about here but, mommy, MOMMY, they are saying bad stuff about my toys! Make them stop! MOMMY!
    Now, now, keep it together, mate. Here, some flashy video with heroic music that can factually tell you what this is all about and do so in a concise manner so you can (hopefully) follow through before those feeble feelings of yours start getting too hurt again:

Originally Posted by krylite View Post (Source)
    however like the earlier X games seems still dependent on the shortcuts of jumpgates to reduce the scope massively in comparison to ED's unprecedented scope.
    I'm not really seeing the difference here. There is actually much more real content in a "zone" in X than there is in a star system in Elite. And the changing of systems doesn't really matter (if it's a gate or a warp jump), both are "loading screens". Elite additionally has loading/instancing changes while leaving the staton area/entering local points of interests. Sure, Elite has simply more systems, but they aren't handcrafted.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I'm not really getting the jumpgate issue as it's not different to what ED does. And ED is actually more instanced into smaller zones.

Originally Posted by Naskoni View Post (Source)
    Now, now, keep it together, mate. Here, some flashy video with heroic music that can factually tell you what this is all about and do so in a concise manner so you can (hopefully) follow through before those feeble feelings of yours start getting too hurt again:
    Congratulations, you just made the list !

Back to the original topic of this thread! I somewhat agree with the author and think that space legs is muc lower on my list than man other features which could be added to Elite Dangerous.

To me, in a sentence, making Elite Dangerous better revolves around adding interesting game play and making the galaxy feel more alive.

I'm not against "space legs" but I do keep coming back to the same point which hasn't been addressed yet imho...

So you get space legs, what does that mean to the gameplay and how does it add something of benefit and substance to the game as opposed to another level of pointless sight seeing?

If you take the example of Empyrion then space legs only work because you can mine, craft, fight and most of all build an enormous range of structures on planet surfaces. Take that away and your gameplay, your reason for using your space legs is gone.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 67707172