Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 62656667

Thread: No Man's Sky changed my perspective.

Originally Posted by Dutchman141 View Post (Source)
    I don't mind good criticism regarding NMS at all, I have my own dislikes with the game too.
    The same can be said about ED too though, say one thing you don't like and some jump on you like you're a heretic.
    I'm not even talking about some very present people who can't come up with anything else then empty one liners.

Just play the game you like and let the devs know what you think of it, in a decent manner, who cares about what someone else thinks of the game you're having fun with, I certainly don't.
    I think a lot of it has been in response to a certain unpleasent poster who's name begins with N.

Originally Posted by Dutchman141 View Post (Source)
    I agree.
    Some see every topic as an opportunity to bash ED or Fdev, some see ED as a reason to bash other games.
    I have my own set of dislikes regarding ED but despite those ED is a great game made with a lot of effort and love, it shows.
    ED's visuals are second to none, same goes for the sound department.
    There is a lot good about ED and when Fdev solves some of the problems I have with it I'll be the first to hop back on board.

In my opinion a game is good when a lot of people have fun playing it.
    A game isn't bad because there are some elements I don't like, a game can be outside my preference but that doesn't automatically make it a bad game.
    I realy don't like cod but that doesn't make it a bad game, lots of people have fun playing it.
    Imho calling a game bad because it's not up my alley is just shortsighted and pure selfish, when I don't like it then it's bad, personally I think the number of people having fun playing a game determines wether it's bad or not.

Games are those things you do for fun right?
    At least that's the only reason I play them.
    Nobody is calling NMS a bad game though. The only person who even mentioned it was Stigbob and he only referred to the space game aspect which is indeed bad. And that's just because people came here who told him that ED is such a bad space game and NMS is way better and we are all stupid for liking the wrong game. I doubt that Stigbob visits the NMS Reddit to tell everyone how idiotic they are for playing such a bad game...

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    I love huffing it around on foot in NMS, except for excruciatingly long distances, then it's a chore.
    Unlocking vehicles in NMS seemed impossible to me (my fault, I have no idea what I'm doing.. lol). So it's still either fly of walk.
    Flying in NMS is 'meh' at best. EDs flight model is much better.
    However, I'd love space legs ED, but I'm not actually interested in walking around my ship or even stations, just planets and surface ports/POIs really. EVA would be pretty cool, I'll admit.
    Just feels like it would be more of an inconvenience than a feature. The novelty of walking to and from your ship, and cockpit would wear off pretty quickly, especially if there was no option to skip.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    Unlocking Vehicles is simple in NMS. Just jump to a rich system
    a) enter space station, save & reload. If you're lucky that system will spawn every reload an exotic s-class ship. If not either jump to another system or use planetary portals (with posted galactic coordinates on webpages) to reach system that will spawn ships in such manner.
    b) fly down to any planet in that rich system and find a trading post station save&reload. Every System has about 12 Ship-Models to spawn on all planets and depending on the race it will be more fighters, haulers or explorers. the chance to get a very nice ship with almost maximum stats are very good. I got my s-class fighter with 38slots in a rich Vy'keen-System that way in about 30min. Just wait after every reload about 3-10 min to see if some nice ship is landing to buy. if not rince and repeat. of cause they cost a lot money ~10-15mio units, but money is imho no problem in nms if you know how to trade, build a farm or if you some not so legit methods.

I was playing nms the last days a lot and i must say, that you can enjoy that game. Space Legs are implemented nice and also base-building. If you enjoy games like minecraft, planet explorers or the stopped everquest landmark, than nms is worth a try.
    But for me its not a long-term game like ED

Originally Posted by Nelina View Post (Source)
    Unlocking Vehicles is simple in NMS. Just jump to a rich system
    a) enter space station, save & reload. If you're lucky that system will spawn every reload an exotic s-class ship.
    Relogging is bad! But if the gameplay was there this wouldn't happen!

Am I doing this right?

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    I think a lot of it has been in response to a certain unpleasent poster who's name begins with N.
    Somebody called?

Originally Posted by Barking_Mad View Post (Source)
    Relogging is bad! But if the gameplay was there this wouldn't happen!

Am I doing this right?
    Just want to add that NMS is clearly dying because they already lost 3/4 of the active playerbase in the last 3 weeks!!!

/s

Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    Nobody is calling NMS a bad game though. The only person who even mentioned it was Stigbob and he only referred to the space game aspect which is indeed bad. And that's just because people came here who told him that ED is such a bad space game and NMS is way better and we are all stupid for liking the wrong game. I doubt that Stigbob visits the NMS Reddit to tell everyone how idiotic they are for playing such a bad game...
    Hanging around the forum of a game I don't play ?, that would be absolutely bonkers.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 62656667