Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Can't find my posts

Can't find my posts

Hi,

I have a problem with finding my own posts. I tried using search function and through my profile but it just doesn't seem to work.

I get this message:

Sorry, we seem to have hit a roadblock while searching!
    The following issues can arise when one or more of the following is met..

1) You clicked on someone's link that contains "searchid=123456" ending. vBulletin does not permit search result content sharing.

2) The search results returned expired.

3) There was no results found with the keywords you've inputted.

4) Your search constraints were too strict.

5) Your session on the forums timed out.
    Not sure what are "expired results". Although now I will see if I can find the post I've just written here.

Until you have passed a (low) threshold of forum posts, posts are automatically held for assessment and approval by the moderation team.

OK but what does it have to do with search function? I wrote some posts a few years ago and I couldn't find them either.

I've noticed though that now I can see my new posts. So maybe you did some changes to the forums and since then it finds only posts from a later date?

I get the same error, whether using thread search or regular forum search. Seems to be when the search does not find a match. Some major forum work was done recently: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...s-July-19-2018 though I'm pretty sure I was getting this error before that. TBH I've given up on the forum search it's never been great, I just use google.

Just want to chime in and say I'm missing all my posts from the last year.

If I look at my post history at the moment, I have the latest post that I made today, and then a post made 15/07/2017 or just over a year ago, and older posts before that date.

The posts seem to be there still, just I can't find them under my own profile, for example this post here I did early this year...
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6408594

...is no longer part of my post history on my profile.

Originally Posted by baqar79 View Post (Source)
    Just want to chime in and say I'm missing all my posts from the last year.

If I look at my post history at the moment, I have the latest post that I made today, and then a post made 15/07/2017 or just over a year ago, and older posts before that date.

The posts seem to be there still, just I can't find them under my own profile, for example this post here I did early this year...
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6408594

...is no longer part of my post history on my profile.
    post history was always wonky. For me, it sometimes shows posts from last day, sometimes last month, but never more than 30-40 posts back.

I suspect the only person who has working search function and post history access is Brett.

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #7
    Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    post history was always wonky. For me, it sometimes shows posts from last day, sometimes last month, but never more than 30-40 posts back.

I suspect the only person who has working search function and post history access is Brett.
    It's hit and miss for me as well. Makes it difficult to keep an eye on hot discussions across the forum. X_x

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    It's hit and miss for me as well. Makes it difficult to keep an eye on hot discussions across the forum. X_x
    Well, great. Even the God almighty doesn't have a say in this. Speaks volumes about the software, doesn't it.

Top right of the screen: Welcome <your name> Notifications Settings My Profile

Click on your name to view your profile.

Left hand side of you profile you will see:
    <your name>
    <your forum rank>

Find latest posts
    Find latest started threads
    Report Profile

Click on Find latest posts

This will show you all your posts in date order. You can use find on page to search each page for a particular post, but I don't think there is an easier way than that.

Yup - searching seems pretty flaky these days!

Just now I was trying to find Qohen Leth's WHAAM! paintjobs thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ncepts-For-Fun

I searched for whaam but it only found three threads, none of them right.

Luckily I happen to know someone who maintains a complete list of the best of the forums and found what I was looking for in there!

P.S. I also just discovered that Google does the job even if the forum's own search can't ...

Google search = site:forums.frontier.co.uk whaam

Originally Posted by dayrth View Post (Source)
    Top right of the screen: Welcome <your name> Notifications Settings My Profile

Click on your name to view your profile.

Left hand side of you profile you will see:
    <your name>
    <your forum rank>

Find latest posts
    Find latest started threads
    Report Profile

Click on Find latest posts

This will show you all your posts in date order. You can use find on page to search each page for a particular post, but I don't think there is an easier way than that.

Unfortunately I can't find a "teaching people how to suck eggs" emoji.

The show latest posts and show latest started threads have both been acting up (as well as normal and advanced searches) ever since the forum revamp and even after a complete cache refresh thingumagig that Brett did. At the moment it is still hit-and-miss.

Happened to me today. I did a very basic search and I was like - what?

Originally Posted by Spacebaboy View Post (Source)
    Happened to me today. I did a very basic search and I was like - what?
    Hahah, Just for the giggles I tried searching for "Spaceship"

I don't believe there are only 11 threads from this year that contain the word "Spaceship"

just got back from a couple of months off and found that all my posts from 9th September last year until this April have vanished into the void... also a couple of threads that I was active in...

It's my fault I searched for "doomed" and broke everything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast