Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win 10 ptw

Originally Posted by The Chairmaker View Post (Source)
    This is one of those deals that actually reduces choice.

Its potentially giving microsoft complete control of your hardware.
    ............... and that is bad news.

Screw M$.

Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    some people value convenience over choice.

and it's giving the customer the chance to not care a bit about the hardware.

i think there's a market for this and it makes sense. if you have other needs, then you buy or build your own machine, and install your preferred os. simple (while it's still possible, that is).

actually, this is not so different from buying a walled garden mac. actually, it's exactly the same except you lease instead of buying.
    Oh there is a market for this as the vast majority of people dont care, and that includes me and you on certain things. Everyone has their triggers and blind spots.

More and more our society is going from one were people own things, to one were people lease things. We lease cars, we lease operating systems, games, we rent houses etc etc.
    There will come a time when only the super rich own things, and the majority will be living in indentured servitude, living our entire lives on what is in essence a corporate consumerist hamster wheel, being brain washed since childhood into thinking this is the only way to live.

Originally Posted by The Chairmaker View Post (Source)
    There will come a time when only the super rich own things, and the majority will be living in indentured servitude, living our entire lives on what is in essence a corporate consumerist hamster wheel, being brain washed since childhood into thinking this is the only way to live.
    this time is already here, it's been a while! it's only getting more fancy. i.e. harder to resist.

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Always more control for more reliability ?
    It's for your own safety

Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    this time is already here, it's been a while! it's only getting more fancy. i.e. harder to resist.
    get out of the bubble and start living, but I know it's hard for the young, because they never really experienced anything else.

Originally Posted by Zak Gordon View Post (Source)
    Or simply switch to a less 'loot crate' OS experiences

Linux Mint (and there are other Distro's like Manjaro and Ubuntu that are suitable for Windows refugees) has been my route out of MS dependency (and abusive monopolising) for 90% of my needs, and my Windows 7 PC is still a decent gaming rig for the next decade, in which time i might work out gaming on Linux

With Windows 10 Microsoft simply showed me the door as a customer, and for that i'm actually thankful.
    If I could play Elite and TESO under Linux, I'd have already done that.

(And I also still use Win7 on most of my computers, btw.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12