Thread: upscaled 4k TV , better than native TV res(1080)?

upscaled 4k TV , better than native TV res(1080)?

so whats your opinion, I am looking to buy a new Tv, Don't think I will get(want) 4k streaming.

will upscaled 4k Really look better than 1080 p
    thanks

looking at 32 in and or 43 inch

Depends entirely on how good the upscaler in the tv is.

But 43" rather small for 4k, unless you are seated at <1.5m or 5' from it you wouldn't notice any difference.
    Honestly at 2m you would struggle to see any difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" screen.

If used as a normal tv and not as monitor 55" is the minimum I would consider for 4k.

That said I'm watching anything on mine but it's 65".
    From old dvd's and up.
    And I sit just over 2m from the screen.

Sure actual 4k content look great but I have no incentive what so ever to replace the bluerays i already own for the uhd versions.

I have a 2 year old Samsung 48" 4k TV and the upscaler is excellent (regardless of source). I would consider 46-48" the minimum for 4k but as always it depends on the size of your room and the viewing distance. 32" you will be wasting your money.

Remember to factor in the cost of decent audio hardware (i.e. starting with a soundbar/subwoofer at the basic level etc.) if you want good audio.

Thanks and good points.

Yeah, 32-inch definitely 1080.

Its a small room and we sit within 5 ft. (small space, so Max 43 inch).

audio is covered soundbar and sub

These days I'm not sure you would save much buying a 4k over 1080p

They are barely producing 1080p panels these days so the large volumes of 4k panels pushes the price down.

Originally Posted by Vistitor010100 View Post (Source)
    so whats your opinion, I am looking to buy a new Tv, Don't think I will get(want) 4k streaming.

will upscaled 4k Really look better than 1080 p
    thanks

looking at 32 in and or 43 inch
    Highly depends on the TV, many times 1080p isn't even upscaled, because it fits perfectly into 4k, so it simply uses 4, 4k pixels as 1 1080p pixel, but because the 4k pixels even 4 of them might be smaller then some 1080p screens, it can look great.

If there is any kind of image processing, it can often give you quite the bit of input lag, so yeah read up on the TV.