Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: If I originally bought the game on Steam, can I run the installer from Frontier's website?

Question If I originally bought the game on Steam, can I run the installer from Frontier's website?

I bought the game for a friend and set up an account for him, and I have access to the installer from Frontier's website. I originally bought the game on Steam. If I run the installer from Frontier's website, will I have access to my save, and have the paint jobs I bought through Steam? I'm not in love with Steam showing me how many hundreds of hours I spent on the game.

Yes, Steam is just a key reseller for this game.

I'm not in love with Steam showing me how many hundreds of hours I spent on the game.
    Don't use the Right hand panel "stats" pane. that shows time played in weeks...…

Colin

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #4
    Hi CMDR,

I can confirm the above statements are correct, so long as you are playing on the same platform it doesn't matter how you are accessing this content (via steam, via our client or if on console on a different console!) as we save all Commander data ourselves you should be able to log in and play right where you left off!