Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Game starts automatically when paused

Game starts automatically when paused

While the game is paused and Iím in the scarab on a planet, after a short while it will start up automatically now in my ship hovering over the planet. And I lost the scarab!!!
    Not good when Iím 1800 ly from sol.

There is no "pause" in Elite Dangerous. It sounds like something has destroyed your SRV while unattended - or it ran out of fuel.

The game is multiplayer and is constantly online, so it doesn't have a pause.

Edit:
    What he said

Darn! For a minute there i thought pause had been added. I would love to pause the entire galaxy while i take a pee break.

Originally Posted by m0rl0ck View Post (Source)
    Darn! For a minute there i thought pause had been added. I would love to pause the entire galaxy while i take a pee break.
    See if you can tell your bladder to pause while you place your vessels in a safe location! Could be interesting to watch (from a distance, that is)!

This is almost as good as the guy that "paused" the game whilst parked around a star to "sit and think" on the throne for a while, similar results strangely...

When you hit the ESC button on keyboard the game goes into what looks like a pause mode. I realize itís still running in the background. Iím 1800 lightyears from Sol. There is absolutely no one around so he scarab didnít get destroyed. As for running out of gas, I synthesized a full tank beefier starting out
    so I doubt that happened.
    I guess strange things happen out here among the stars.

If you look at the Journal file for the relevant game session you should be able to determine the cause of the SRV loss.

Originally Posted by 1GunSmoke View Post (Source)
    When you hit the ESC button on keyboard the game goes into what looks like a pause mode. I realize itís still running in the background. Iím 1800 lightyears from Sol. There is absolutely no one around so he scarab didnít get destroyed. As for running out of gas, I synthesized a full tank beefier starting out
    so I doubt that happened.
    I guess strange things happen out here among the stars.
    They specifically don't label the key / control as "pause" it is just opening a menu - you are not the first to get caught out by this. You know now so in future you will be OK.

1800 Ly from Sol is not actually very far and AI does spawn that far out, however it is unlikely that an NPC would attack a stationary SRV.

Your fuel in the SRV running out is the most likely cause - there is a possibility that you left the SRV with a bit of movement and it could have wandered into a "stash" restricted zone and incurred the wrath of the skimmers.

As Robert Maynard says, have a look at the journal for the actual destruction event, it will show the reason. (I use EDDiscovery for my journal stuff, as well as logging scans etc. - it is well worth the exorbitant price of zero. )

(It would be good to be able to "print" a replacement SRV but while that is OK for fighters for some reason it is not OK for moon-buggies. )

10. This is the last staff post in this thread. #10
    Hey there 1GunSmoke,

Like other have said, opening that menu doesn't pause the game. If you're unable to find your player journal or having trouble analysing the data in it to find out what happened, please consider sending in a ticket which you can do here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php#

Our support team will be able to look through the logs that we hold on this incident assuming it was recent and tell you what happened.