Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get bigger islands without sacrificing full saves

Originally Posted by SonOfTheSun View Post (Source)
    Apparently Frontier won't let the player decide if they want to bring their rigs to their knees. They decided we can't distinguish a sleeping from a sick dinosaur therefore removing sleeping mechanic completely, they decided mods would do the game no good and they decided wether players want to sacrifice their saves for bigger maps. So I guess a limit for dinosaurs and buildings is the only way Frontier will give us bigger maps. So players that flood their maps with a ridiculous amount of buildings and animals won't complain about bad performance.
    Planet Coaster is a PC exclusive and allows you to ruin your performance as much as you want. JWE isn't a PC exclusive so now they won't ever make it demanding. It has to work on consoles as well and consoles have rather weak hardware. So they have to find a balance between what looks good, what works and what will work on consoles. They won't give the PC anything consoles can't handle. That's already been decided, both versions of the game have to be the same.

People thought the sick Dinosaurs were showing signs of aging so maybe they were right to do this. As far as limits go I would they could be a possibility. Though people have managed to put hundreds of Dinosaurs on an island before the performance suffered. JWE might not have the population limits of JPOG it uses island sizes to impose limits.

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    You mean like when we go back to each island we get that fly over of each one? That would be nice. I don't know how much work it would be. But just having the parks connected would be nice enough.
    Yes. Pretty Much. For management mode (the only mode now), I like to see a chopper fly over from one part of Nublar to the other Ė similar to the scene of Claire and Mr. Masrani on the helicopter flying to the I-Rex paddock.

There isnít much actually, I just like the breathtaking views of the journey with forests, mountain, and coast line. The interconnected sceneries have to be unique though.

I brought this up as people may complain of why another fraction of the map? Arenít we already have 6 fractions? What is the difference? So, I think this may help a little to connect them tighter as if we are playing on a gigantic map on Nublar Ė just that time is needed to travel from one part to the other. Iím still thinking of more ways to keep them connected as a single unit at the momentÖ.

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    I don't think they would make the parks/build arears connectable. But that would be nice. I think we would end up only having an option to build on one area at a time.
    But then it is just more small maps with the same Island name. Thats not an improvement imo. If not connect them by small land corridors like Sorna, then at least let me fly the ACU helicopter between them. But then again, I would very much prefer my concept of just new sectors which are connected via those corridors.

Originally Posted by SonOfTheSun View Post (Source)
    But then it is just more small maps with the same Island name. Thats not an improvement imo. If not connect them by small land corridors like Sorna, then at least let me fly the ACU helicopter between them. But then again, I would very much prefer my concept of just new sectors which are connected via those corridors.
    I would rather build on larger area than have to see loading screens between each park. Either way they will be separated. Consoles can't handle a whole island full of parks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12