Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friendly fire

Originally Posted by Maenden View Post (Source)
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all the info.

I'm a bit disappointed that the size of the weapon seems to matter.

A single accidental hit on somebody's shields doesn't usually do any damage to the ship, so it seems illogical for the System Authorities etc to instantly decide that you need to be destroyed in preference to the pirate with a large bounty (and a Mars bar) we've all been attacking for the last 5 minutes.

I can understand the fine for careless fire but immediately becoming public enemy number one for a single stray shot, even from a large weapon, seems weird.

Not that it matters all that much - it's just a nuisance.
    As soon as the message comes up I'm on full power, hitting the boosters and charging the FSD before they can say 'where's he gone'.

The one bit of combat I'm really good at is running away.
    Of course the size of the weapon matters, you were in an Anaconda with a huge hard point it is possible for you to single shot kill the shields of nine or more different ships as they come out of the shipyard with the right unengineered weapon on that, a huge plasma accelerator does 125 damage a shot and as it is a fixed weapon misses are to be expected.

Actually I think it should be assessed by the percentage damage done to the victim including shields with a sliding scale for the threshold based on the number of hits.

Originally Posted by Maenden View Post (Source)
    I'm a bit disappointed that the size of the weapon seems to matter.
    With great big weapons comes great responsibility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12