Thread: Immortal Dinosaur Glitch/Bug

Immortal Dinosaur Glitch/Bug

So I had a Metriacanthosaurus, and it's expected lifespan was around 74 (somewhere in the 70's). It died at 76, and that was that. However, the game crashed soon afterwards, not saving the dinosaurs death. When I loaded up the game again, the dinosaur was still there, because i hadn't saved. However, it didn't die again like it should. It went to live to a stunning 156 years old!!! That's over 80 years longer than it should have! But it didn't even die then. It just disappeared. I checked the whole Isla Sorna map, and it wasn't there, alive or dead! Maybe the game realized the mistake and corrected it? It was hilarious to see a immortal Metriacanthosaurus, but I'm not sure what happened. Has this happened before? Can I get back the Immortal dino? Just explain to me what happened. Thanks!

If you take good care of your dinos they will exceed the expectation considerably. I donít know the game code but I suspect they get a RNG check every so often after passing their expectancy and their mood affects their chances. Sounds like your girl got a reroll and made her save that time. As for the disappearance, Iíve had a few really old dinos go missing but Iím so often engrossed in something that I canít be certain I just missed the ďDead DinoĒ notification until after the body fully decayed (which they do after 5 or 10 minutes).

I had something similar happen but not quite to the same degree. If I recall correctly, I had a Suchomimus die of old age right before a tornado came in and completely destroyed my park on Sorna, but I have a tendency to quick save right before the tornado hits in case the damage is too catastrophic(I know, what a cheat). So I reloaded the save, which made the tornado go in a different direction sparing the bulk of my park, but instead of my Suchomimus dying right before the storm as it did before, it managed to live about 60 years past its expected lifespan. Now it did eventually keel over and die, but for a few moments, I legitimately thought that I had an immortal Suchomimus on my hands.

This is spooky~~~

Aramus418ís point about extended life is what Iím thinking too.
    Itís hard to keep track of every Dino though. I wish thereís some sort of record book that marks the history of the deceased as well.

Originally Posted by Weeelums View Post (Source)
    So I had a Metriacanthosaurus, and it's expected lifespan was around 74 (somewhere in the 70's). It died at 76, and that was that. However, the game crashed soon afterwards, not saving the dinosaurs death. When I loaded up the game again, the dinosaur was still there, because i hadn't saved. However, it didn't die again like it should. It went to live to a stunning 156 years old!!! That's over 80 years longer than it should have! But it didn't even die then. It just disappeared. I checked the whole Isla Sorna map, and it wasn't there, alive or dead! Maybe the game realized the mistake and corrected it? It was hilarious to see a immortal Metriacanthosaurus, but I'm not sure what happened. Has this happened before? Can I get back the Immortal dino? Just explain to me what happened. Thanks!
    I hope that story is part of the tour on your island! "The legend says you can still hear Mettria calling on a full moon night".