Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so what's a whiteknight?

Originally Posted by znôrt View Post (Source)
    i'm tempted to do a forum search and subsequent analyisis.
    pros: could be fun and clarifying
    cons: the search function is dreadful and this might be getting a bit silly!
    Ooooh ... do it!. Analysis of forum posts can reveal anything we care to read into the data some deep insights into the forum hive-mind!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post6904345

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Ooooh ... do it!. Analysis of forum posts can reveal anything we care to read into the data some deep insights into the forum hive-mind!

ships!!! who in his sane mind could disagree!

you're inciting, but i'm still deliberating and got more cons:
    - lot of work
    - it may get personal so it had to be anonymized which implies
    - even more work

processing ...

…. someone who was unreasonably dismissing criticism, after several arguments? ….
    Congratulations, you just described 95% of all threads here, whether they are for the game or against it.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)

Back before search broke I checked "psycho" against "carebear" whilst a PVP'er told me they were being picked on in an evil mod conspiracy.

It was 50/50.

I think checking "doomed" is what broke the forum.

Whiteknight = glass half full?

i just learnt something. this forum is the only place i've actually seen that term put to use, and never in that context. i'd argue it has a local meaning now (which is a feature of language *1), but anyway, thank you.

*1 so it isn't enough that you call me that, it has to become common place. you might start a campaign ...
    So essentially all who're using this term in our forums are illiterate dumb clucks?

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    "White knight" is a label mistakenly used by people ignorant of the meaning of "bigot".
    Bigot has been overused and is used by loony leftists to smear someone with differening opinions. Just like a whiteknight!

Originally Posted by Necronaught View Post (Source)
    Bigot has been overused and is used by loony leftists to smear someone with differening opinions. Just like a whiteknight!
    Wasn't "white knight" some sort of "fanboy 2.0"?

Whiny snowflake millennials who need safe spaces or a crying room for every minor issue that happens to them = White Knight!

Originally Posted by Necronaught View Post (Source)
    I'm unsure whether you are being deliberately sarcastic, or whether the irony of what you wrote is completely lost on you?

Cheerz

Mark H

To be honest this has turned nasty.

Closing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123