Thread: Rover remains

Rover remains

While out wandering the stars and musing over the point of it all, I came across a high scan in my rover, followed the signal, and found a burnt out husk of another rover. It's smoking so it can't have been here long.

Is this likely to be an NPC plant or a player machine?

Thanks.

Random POI spawn. There are a few variants. Anything 'important' will survive a relog - most doesn't.

That's a good reminder, Factabulous... I've found a fair few of these on my travels and have always forgotten to re-log to make sure they're random. Pretty sure all the ones I've found are, indeed, random, but you sometimes <in the voice of Dwayne Dibley> you never know?

Yours Aye

Mark H

I thiught this was going to be about finding a pet's graveyard...

"DOWN BOY!"

ps - If dogs have such a fantastic sense of smell, why do they need to get so close to each others bottoms?

pps - it's ok, someone just said they are smelling each others breath

The thread title suggested someone had blown up Coronation Street . I was about to buy that 6A scoop in celebration...

Apologies for the derail .

Can tge SRV be scanned for data or bounty?

No, it seems that most of the PoIs I find on planets are of this type now. Some skimmers, a dead SRV and way more containers than an SRV can carry. Doesn't make much sense should be a crashed ship or there should be fewer containers. A while ago you used to find random mining installations and sometimes just small groups of buildings with a data point but not seen either of these in ages.

With the containers, it does seem a bit odd that I've seen groups of six and even eight, necessitating multiple returns to your ship if you want them all. Perhaps an option to have an SRV cargo rack would be handy.

Or perhaps a trailer.

If they are in a relatively accessible place, recall your ship - makes the transfer much easier / quicker

Recall your ship, drive to it and dock. Fly back to the containers using your tyre tracks, and compass, and land real close so collection becomes much quicker.

Originally Posted by Tyres O'Flaherty View Post (Source)
    With the containers, it does seem a bit odd that I've seen groups of six and even eight, necessitating multiple returns to your ship if you want them all. Perhaps an option to have an SRV cargo rack would be handy.

Or perhaps a trailer.
    There has been some discussion on this point as FD clearly wrote the system such that it could support multiple types of SRV type vehicles but have never implemented any more. Mile wide, inch thin anyone?!