Thread: Reworking past islands

Reworking past islands

So, I have played through the game and unlocked everything in the game. I'm working on various parks on Isla Nublar, but I'm wondering if anyone else has gone back to the other islands and deleted everything for an entire rework?

Originally Posted by Raleighwheels View Post (Source)
    So, I have played through the game and unlocked everything in the game. I'm working on various parks on Isla Nublar, but I'm wondering if anyone else has gone back to the other islands and deleted everything for an entire rework?
    Yeah I've platinumed the game and am going through through this at the moment. My inspiration was someone else on here saying they wanted to make their whole 6 islands like one long holiday resort tour. Got me thinking....

I sold all the dinos, deleted everything, removed all the trees and then flattened the landscape best I could (Muerta was a pain to flatten lol!)

Matanceros is my 'starter/intro island' containing one of each dino family.
    Muerta has all of the more water loving dinos like Baryonyx, Suchomimus and Spinosaurus with a 'basic' Gyrosphere ride through a herbivore-only enclosure.
    Tacano has a much bigger variety of species plus a fully dedicated security area with a 'battle arena' in the middle.
    Pena is high security & carnivores only and contains the hybrids too.
    Sorna is more of a bio-park and currently my work in progress. I'm aiming to get all 48 species on here (in approx. 20x enclosures) if possible and keep the landscape as natural as possible...... hopefully when Frontier update the carnivore hunting behaviour I'll be able to remove lots of the fences and have them all happily coexist!
    Nublar will be the jewel in the crown with more guest facilities/aesthetics around path & monorail layout with only 5* dinosaurs as the attractions, unless I can think of a better idea while finishing Sorna!

Yep. Haven't seen a thread about it in a while, but lots of people go back.
    For example; here's a before and after on my Matenceros.
    Before= 5 Starred and moved on to the next island.
    After=Unlocked everything, deleted everything in the park and rebuilt it from a blank slate.

Park Entrance: Originally went with the flow of what was already there, but I've only kept that original paddock in the new design.

View from the coast: Originally, I had all available dinos in the park already (I had tried bigger pens but that hadn't worked out), but now I've filled out the space.

View from Inlet: The little nook back here was originally the Ceratosaur paddock, but i moved them to the Entrance, and now I used this as an out-of-the-way place to cram my power stations.

Yep i started doing this. I sold and deleted everything on Sorna and the island with the crater lake with waterfalls. Decided i would do islands based on where the dinos came from. So waterfall island is my jurassic park europe i the azores i think it is. Only 3 species on it. Baryonx, metriacanthosaurus, and the poly ankylosaurid i think.

Sorna is the biggest island so i fit in everything from asia, africa, and south america: velociraptors, gallimimus, memach, sincoceratops , tsitao, huya, chunga, gigantspino, kentro, spinosaurus, suchomimus, majumgasaurus, carno, giga... There isn't any hotels or shops on sorna, even being the biggest island there just isnt enough room with that many dino species on it.

I plan on making the first island in the game Jurassic Park north america.

Pena will be for the hybrids. I might put the muttas o pena too being the only aussies and being out of place in the game. The muttas are my biggest hassle in the game. Everytime i make them i end up selling them all. They require so many for social and i try to put them in a shared paddock and it either over crowds their population or the otherspecies they are paired with. They're beautiful but a real pain.

Originally Posted by Flint2025 View Post (Source)
    Yep i started doing this. I sold and deleted everything on Sorna and the island with the crater lake with waterfalls. Decided i would do islands based on where the dinos came from. So waterfall island is my jurassic park europe i the azores i think it is. Only 3 species on it. Baryonx, metriacanthosaurus, and the poly ankylosaurid i think.

Sorna is the biggest island so i fit in everything from asia, africa, and south america: velociraptors, gallimimus, memach, sincoceratops , tsitao, huya, chunga, gigantspino, kentro, spinosaurus, suchomimus, majumgasaurus, carno, giga... There isn't any hotels or shops on sorna, even being the biggest island there just isnt enough room with that many dino species on it.

Pena will be for the hybrids. I might put the muttas o pena too being the only aussies and being out of place in the game. The muttas are my biggest hassle in the game. Everytime i make them i end up selling them all. They require so many for social and i try to put them in a shared paddock and it either over crowds their population or the otherspecies they are paired with. They're beautiful but a real pain.
    I really like this idea! My original plan was to set up ecosystems based on the three dinosaur time periods. Each island would have dinosaurs from a certain period. There would be a monorail connecting little outposts for the people. Of course I'm probably going to have to wait until they fix the predator kill drive.

Originally Posted by Aramus418 View Post (Source)
    Yep. Haven't seen a thread about it in a while, but lots of people go back.
    For example; here's a before and after on my Matenceros.
    Before= 5 Starred and moved on to the next island.
    After=Unlocked everything, deleted everything in the park and rebuilt it from a blank slate.

Park Entrance: Originally went with the flow of what was already there, but I've only kept that original paddock in the new design.

View from the coast: Originally, I had all available dinos in the park already (I had tried bigger pens but that hadn't worked out), but now I've filled out the space.

View from Inlet: The little nook back here was originally the Ceratosaur paddock, but i moved them to the Entrance, and now I used this as an out-of-the-way place to cram my power stations.
    Nice little horns n frills" paddock there! .... "Horns n Frills", I think I just found my new restaurant name!! Screenshots from PC right?!

Originally Posted by Flint2025 View Post (Source)

Muttas have the most beautiful call of all Hadrosaurs, but sent more visitors to the hospital than all other dinos combined. No not true, Tsintaos are my breaking bads of all time.