Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Approaching 2 months since launch. Still no word on an update?

So if a game has graphics from 2003, it's bad?

JPOG and JWE are basically the same game.

The only pluses JWE has are better graphics and more dinosaurs.

JPOG has SUPERIOR ai, character specific animations for dinosaurs, all around more dinosaur animations and behavior, more attractions, ways to lure animals, way to herd animals, way to rescue guests, ways to Kill dinosaurs, guests you can actually click on individually which gives you a name, feelings, and personality, you could first person view all attractions, more options from feeders (current/paleo cow/goat), ability to create your own island, ability to create or flatten mountains, no creation boundaries on the island your on (you couod even place fences a certain distance into the ocean, more park management and employees to hire with cleaning crews and security, it had placeable cameras for surveillance you could 1st person view, iconic JP Gate with doors that actually ipened and closed, the ability to put your park entrance whereever YOU wanted.

Content vs Content JPOG blows JWE out of the water. So if your a fan of JWE but then say JPOG is garbage you are making absolutely no sense. Because JPOG offered more content. If all you care about is how a game looks then i guess you could like JWE better. But until it has everything JPOG has it will never be better to me.

And as far as mods go, for JPOG graphics some of the mods out there look better then the original JPOG dinosaurs. If JWE allowed mods the modders would make better looking models then the devs have without a doubt. I mean they give us several dino skins and not a single one is a JP or JPLW cannon skin design??????? How lazy is that???? How is that???? The only reason those skins arent in the game is to either make us pay extra for them which is or because the devs are lazy idiots!

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    Not it's fact. JPOG is garbage and JWE is better.
    Another "old timer" PC gamer here. After 50+ hours of JWE I uninstalled it from my Alienware 13, then returned to my battered old Acer Aspire 5020 on which I have heavily modded versions of JPOG and Zoo Tycoon 2 for the past 12 years to get my virtual dino-zoo fix. It would appear that we have diametrically opposing views about what constitutes a good or bad game, as I can state will full honesty that I find JPOG the superior gaming experience.

JWE is by no means a bad game, but it has a VERY long way to go to match the long term replayability of JPOG. After a gruelling campaign to unlock everything (present in both titles), I want to sit back and enjoy the park with all unlocked features added. I can do this in JPOG (aside from wanting to shoot Jane Powers), I can't in JWE, it's as simple as that = you cannot immerse yourself in your creation in JWE to the extent you can in JPOG (no guest view, limited range of dinosaur behaviours, baffling enclosure design restrictions when keeping sauropods, tediously repetitive chores, short dinos lifespans).

If the upcoming JWE content updates address these issues (looking forward to external cameras on the viewing platforms) then I will happily reinstall - till then, still playing JPOG.

Whats going on? JPOG vs. JWE is not the topic.....

Originally Posted by Condemned1987 View Post (Source)
    Whats going on? JPOG vs. JWE is not the topic.....
    It sort of is. People complain about the game and that updates are needed. On top of that, itīs being compared to JPOG eventualy, which is not a bad thing at all. Could give a hint to developers what we are really missing. The fact JPOG is still remembered till today means the game was not that bad. This could be their inspiration on what to focus with the updates.
    on.Because if they donīt do anything about JWE, it will be forgotten quite soon

As someone else has already pointed out, JPOG has more content, complexity, and replayability than JWE at the moment. Since many people are still talking about it I find it hard to believe that "This game is terrible , that's a fact" has any kind of credibility especially when JPOG did a lot of things better and had more than JWE. JPOG, objectively speaking, is a better game than JWE as it actually stands as a decent tycoon game where JWE feels incredibly shallow after 30 hours, like a river as long as the Mississippi that's only a foot deep.

course JWE is still young and does indeed have the potential to blow JPOG out of the water if the devs take queues from it (Better AI, actual park management, knowing when and where automation is actually needed, staff) as well as building up on what JPOG didn't do.

AS FOR THE ACTUAL TOPIC OF THE THREAD: Dude, have patience. When Frontier have made enough progress they'll let us know. When the wait goes on for 4 or 5 months, THAT'S when it's safe to assume something's amiss

Originally Posted by Flint2025 View Post (Source)
    So if a game has graphics from 2003, it's bad?

JPOG and JWE are basically the same game.

The only pluses JWE has are better graphics and more dinosaurs.

JPOG has SUPERIOR ai, character specific animations for dinosaurs, all around more dinosaur animations and behavior, more attractions, ways to lure animals, way to herd animals, way to rescue guests, ways to Kill dinosaurs, guests you can actually click on individually which gives you a name, feelings, and personality, you could first person view all attractions, more options from feeders (current/paleo cow/goat), ability to create your own island, ability to create or flatten mountains, no creation boundaries on the island your on (you couod even place fences a certain distance into the ocean, more park management and employees to hire with cleaning crews and security, it had placeable cameras for surveillance you could 1st person view, iconic JP Gate with doors that actually ipened and closed, the ability to put your park entrance whereever YOU wanted.

Content vs Content JPOG blows JWE out of the water. So if your a fan of JWE but then say JPOG is garbage you are making absolutely no sense. Because JPOG offered more content. If all you care about is how a game looks then i guess you could like JWE better. But until it has everything JPOG has it will never be better to me.

And as far as mods go, for JPOG graphics some of the mods out there look better then the original JPOG dinosaurs. If JWE allowed mods the modders would make better looking models then the devs have without a doubt. I mean they give us several dino skins and not a single one is a JP or JPLW cannon skin design??????? How lazy is that???? How is that???? The only reason those skins arent in the game is to either make us pay extra for them which is or because the devs are lazy idiots!
    JPOG has garbage AI. Dinosaurs would die of starvation and dehydration. They would pile into one corner of the island. The JPOG AI was terrible. I have yet to see a Dinosaur in JWE that dies from not eating or drinking. The AI in this game blows JPOG out of the water. Also the animations in this game better, even with some issue like lack of variety and some looking a little rough. JPOG had terrible animations. I won't miss Dinosaurs sliding across the ground. Also the attack animations in JPOG were terrible. They Carnivores didn't attack, they just hit other Dinosaurs with their teeth.

No it's not the bad graphics that make JPOG bad. It's the bad gameplay that and shallow management that makes JPOG bad. Though the game looking like garbage doesn't help and neither do mods. While graphics don't make a game good they help a lot. A bad game that looks good is still a bad game. But a game that looks good and plays well is much better than a bad game with bad graphics.

Originally Posted by BionicMeatloaf View Post (Source)
    As someone else has already pointed out, JPOG has more content, complexity, and replayability than JWE at the moment. Since many people are still talking about it I find it hard to believe that "This game is terrible , that's a fact" has any kind of credibility especially when JPOG did a lot of things better and had more than JWE. JPOG, objectively speaking, is a better game than JWE as it actually stands as a decent tycoon game where JWE feels incredibly shallow after 30 hours, like a river as long as the Mississippi that's only a foot deep.

course JWE is still young and does indeed have the potential to blow JPOG out of the water if the devs take queues from it (Better AI, actual park management, knowing when and where automation is actually needed, staff) as well as building up on what JPOG didn't do.

AS FOR THE ACTUAL TOPIC OF THE THREAD: Dude, have patience. When Frontier have made enough progress they'll let us know. When the wait goes on for 4 or 5 months, THAT'S when it's safe to assume something's amiss
    You need to take off your nostalgia glasses. JPOG was not complex, it did not have more content and it had no replay value. JPOG was just a cheap program, a garbage game. It was only popular cause it was the only management sim/zoo game on the market with the JP license attached to it. Now that JWE is available JPOG looks even worse than it did before. It's even more garbage tier now.

Originally Posted by mr.sugar View Post (Source)
    It sort of is. People complain about the game and that updates are needed. On top of that, itīs being compared to JPOG eventualy, which is not a bad thing at all. Could give a hint to developers what we are really missing. The fact JPOG is still remembered till today means the game was not that bad. This could be their inspiration on what to focus with the updates.
    on.Because if they donīt do anything about JWE, it will be forgotten quite soon
    I doubt JWE will be forgotten any time soon. Especially since it's 100x better than JPOG.

Originally Posted by mr.sugar View Post (Source)
    Funny enough, because here we are again. JWE is the only on the market rigth now and itīs only game of itīs kind for Dino fans. And this game looks good, but is shallow and over simplified... Yea, sounds exactly like JPOG. But we are in 2018 now and one would even say, itīs even more shallow.

As for mods, some are good some not, thatīs normal. The modding community around JPOG wasnīt very strong so far. Still better then none.

I expected this to happen after PC (which is too shallow too), but itīs even worse actually, than my expectations. Planet Coaster is lucky, because it at least offer very creative sandbox building, but there is nothing in JWE, hence the reviews are going negative now. At least it became clear what Frontierīs games are about and what they should improve upon. As long, as "fans" will whiteknight for Frontier though, it will not motivate them to make anything better. Itīs something I donīt get, why people donīt want better games than this.
    JPOG is a victim of console simplification. It made a mediocre game terrible.

I doubt JWE will be forgotten any time soon. Especially since it's 100x better than JPOG.
    Well it is a fact that the majority of players (PC) dont even finish the campaign. You can judge for yourself by looking at the steam statistics for achievements etc. Active players on steam are down to 1-2k. The next update will only change things noticeable if you really look for them (new cameras, hunting behaviour), nothing the casual players will keep an eye out for. If the game won't get big additions like new and fresh attractions or maybe a 1993 pack, it will be forgotten because people have nothing left to do.

Edit: Steamreviews are also going negative by now.

No it's not the bad graphics that make JPOG bad. It's the bad gameplay that and shallow management that makes JPOG bad. Though the game looking like garbage doesn't help and neither do mods. While graphics don't make a game good they help a lot. A bad game that looks good is still a bad game. But a game that looks good and plays well is much better than a bad game with bad graphics.
    If JPOG had bad ans shallow gameplay, what is JWE for you then? Because it can be stated as fact the gameplay is even more simple than it was in JPOG... And this is where they should focus with the updates....

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    Closing, this thread has gone too much off-topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12