Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Game will not start on Xbox One

Game will not start on Xbox One

The game installs, we have tried removing and reinstalling, however when we try to start the game the splash screen comes up but then returns to the home screen. I assume returning to the home screen means the game has crashed. We have checked the internet connection and playing other games so we are reasonably sure its not the system. Is there something we can do to make it work?

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hello,

Sorry to hear that you were not able to play the game.
    Could you try to clear your Xbox cache for me? You can following the guide here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=207

Originally Posted by Support Naro View Post (Source)
    Hello,

Sorry to hear that you were not able to play the game.
    Could you try to clear your Xbox cache for me? You can following the guide here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=207
    I tried clearing the cache as suggested but the result is the same. The splash screen appears and then it returns to the home screen as before. I tried clearing the cache using the method in the link above twice. Any other suggestions?

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    Hi DartGaber,

This may sound odd but can you try using a different display? We have seen a few reports in the past where this has fixed the crashing issue on the splash screen
    Please do let us know how this goes!

Originally Posted by Support Electron View Post (Source)
    Hi DartGaber,

This may sound odd but can you try using a different display? We have seen a few reports in the past where this has fixed the crashing issue on the splash screen
    Please do let us know how this goes!
    I tried a different much newer and larger screen than the one I have at home and the result is the same. The game crashes shortly after the splash screen is displayed. What else should I try?

Got same problem today. When I try to launch the game it shows me splash screen and then returns to home screen with xbox error message, saying that I need some update but it cannot be installed right now. And theres no update, not for the game nor for the console though.

There appears to be some problem today on the Microsoft end of things. Players of Elite dangerous on Xbox are reporting the same problems.

The game has not worked for us yet. We got it for my sons birthday August 6th and he still cannot play the game. He loves the Jurassic World games and has been patiently waiting to play his game but so far this one has been a total disappointment.

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #9
    Sorry to hear you've had no luck yet. Do open a support ticket with us though and we can get some more details and assist you further! https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php

Scientist Miu~