Thread: Tag symbols on threads

Tag symbols on threads

What do they mean? Why are they only on some threads? Have I inadvertently tagged something? Are they new?

Clearly Iím clueless about these symbols, can anyone help explain?

Many thanks Cmdrs

Originally Posted by Rock Hunter View Post (Source)
    What do they mean? Why are they only on some threads? Have I inadvertently tagged something? Are they new?

Clearly I’m clueless about these symbols, can anyone help explain?

Many thanks Cmdrs
    Some speculations and observations below.

1: Very little, they should be a way to find related threads but I haven't checked how yet.
    2: Because some of us don't bother with them or haven't noticed the field.
    3: Probably not as it looks like you have to type them into a separate field separated by commas when creating a new thread.
    4: Possibly, I only noticed the symbol the other week and had to look it up to see what it was.

Do you mean the tag symbol on some threads in the thread overview that says "this thread has tags!" when you hover over it and proceeds to show the tags the thread starter had put into the box labeled "Tags" when starting the thread?

Yep, those are the ones pzykozomatik. Now I'm on my PC I can see what happens when you hover over them. I've been on my iPad whilst away for work and couldn't see what they were for or what they did.

I'll do a blanket apology now as I know I'll forget to ever include tags into any posts.

Thanks chaps.

When someone creates a new thread (not post, but a new thread), there is the option at the bottom of the page for the OP to enter tags relating to their thread. For example, you could have entered 'Forum, Tags'. Taking a guess here but I was think that the tags would help in searching. But since most don't use the feature, I would say it doesn't mean much at all.

Hope that helps

Just looked and you can use tags for searching, at the bottom of the advanced search page thee is a tag cloud of the 1024 most used tags to select from usual cloud conventions seem to apply.

I’m happy to get behind anything that improves the forum’s search feature/ability. I’ve become so reliant on Googling ‘whateverproblem Elite Dangerous’ just to find forum threads.