Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wants/Wishes recurrent....

Just be patient with FD on JWE, geez. it's only been a couple months. It takes time for them to make great updates. They already said they're working on it. Demanding timelines is needless and unhelpful pressure on the devs. Most likely the updates will come just in time for the holiday season. o7

If you check the game's database on Steam you'll see they are constantly working on the update, sometimes well into the small hours. You would think someone in your field would have more patience, Mr. Reaper. It does pay.

Originally Posted by GonerMcGoner View Post (Source)
    If you check the game's database on Steam you'll see they are constantly working on the update, sometimes well into the small hours. You would think someone in your field would have more patience, Mr. Reaper. It does pay.
    You mean the Wii hours.

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    You mean the Wii hours.
    Oui

Originally Posted by GonerMcGoner View Post (Source)
    Hello Mr. Goner,

at first I thought "What database is he talking about?!" - so for every other user go there and check it out please.
    Then I thought like, okay - what is his meaning made of - and at a more closer look I guess he means the "Last Change Number", but if you click on the small "?" left there, you will find the definition for the number and it's like that here:

Originally Posted by steam.db.sub
    When an application or package changes, Steam sends out a "changelist" to notify all Steam clients that something changed. This changelist has a number, referred to as "changenumber". This changenumber increments globally and is not a per-app thing.
    But that's not enough, there's some more:

Originally Posted by steam.db.sub
    App and package updates do not even have to be related to the app/package itself as Valve does periodical changes to a batch of apps/packages. For a changenumber to change on an app that hasn't been active in months, it's more likely a useless change rather than a sign of life.
    So, at the end ... maybe also Mr. Goner ... is realizing that this informtions out of the "Steam Database" means at least seriously, Nothing At All.

Luckily, I am a patient person and read through the details available to me, if I am already looking for research and ultimately I even offer links, so that everyone can understand. Additional to this it is a proof for truth.

Tanks Mr. Goner,
    maybe next time.
    Please do your research and you don't know me.

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    Please try to reply to the posts and not the poster.

Originally Posted by R3AP3RK1NG View Post (Source)
    Hello Mr. Goner,

at first I thought "What database is he talking about?!" - so for every other user go there and check it out please.
    Then I thought like, okay - what is his meaning made of - and at a more closer look I guess he means the "Last Change Number", but if you click on the small "?" left there, you will find the definition for the number and it's like that here:

But that's not enough, there's some more:

So, at the end ... maybe also Mr. Goner ... is realizing that this informtions out of the "Steam Database" means at least seriously, Nothing At All.

Luckily, I am a patient person and read through the details available to me, if I am already looking for research and ultimately I even offer links, so that everyone can understand. Additional to this it is a proof for truth.

Tanks Mr. Goner,
    maybe next time.
    Please do your research and you don't know me.
    No, he means this one here (the retail database, the one you linked to was probably a early test version).
    It changes every weekday, you can actually see all the database changes and the time it's changed and sometimes they are pretty late at night.

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    Please try to reply to the posts and not the poster.

No, he means this one here (the retail database, the one you linked to was probably a early test version).
    It changes every weekday, you can actually see all the database changes and the time it's changed and sometimes they are pretty late at night.
    Originally Posted by steamdb.info
    Build IDs:
    Build IDs are a globally incrementing number. Build IDs are updated when a new "build" of an application is pushed. This means actual content has updated because of a patch.
    additional

(again)
    Originally Posted by steamdb.info
    Changenumber:

When an application or package changes, Steam sends out a "changelist" to notify all Steam clients that something changed. This changelist has a number, referred to as "changenumber". This changenumber increments globally and is not a per-app thing.

App and package updates do not even have to be related to the app/package itself as Valve does periodical changes to a batch of apps/packages. For a changenumber to change on an app that hasn't been active in months, it's more likely a useless change rather than a sign of life.
    Here's what seems to be what deals the change:
    Originally Posted by steamdb.info/app
    Changed Depots

>branches/dev_final/timeupdated: 1533920867 (August 10, 2018 17:07:47 UTC) 1533922801 (August 10, 2018 17:40:01 UTC) (+24)
    >branches/dev_final/buildid: 3023260 3023362
    >648351/encryptedmanifests/dev_final/encrypted_size_2: C067EE01FE53D3B574C0FECC4285E9BD 814943BC355B1011E050A60D6907411E

>648351/encryptedmanifests/dev_final/encrypted_gid_2: B4665AF43752A176F9DE2DA197112493 78E0AB044B6E16D41CCF7648CB92882A

>Changed changenumber 4930060 4930218
    Mainly I would say "Okay some changes had been done right now ... so they work on some thing and something already changed", but... as long as the APP ID isn't changing, there were no changes who made something different, it's just some simple changes on coding, right?
    You can read above what the change of the current "Changenumber" means at least - it's not my personal interpretation, it's defined by STEAM.

Then other fact who makes it irrelevant, that this number had changed is, that there're Youtuber all over the world who play Jurassic World: Evolution and if there're changes in the game it would be reported (already), like f.e. the Weather Changes on Sandbox Island are "fixed". Also it would be some Releasenote updated like "Changelog" with changes who are effecting your gameplay, which Developer hides this changes?
    Sometimes some short Bug-Fixes are applied, but you can experience this in the game, it's sometimes more stable or everything like that.

Nothing biggie...

At least - I was called Mr. Reaper... I responded like that, because I was named in there directly and it's just polite to response in the same way.

But thanks for the note, I will internalize that for my next responses.

Friendly greetings at all.
    Reaper

Jurassic World Evolution Moderator Lora Craft69's Avatar
    I think you are misunderstanding the database changes.
    FDEV is working on them and you can see the database changes but that doesn't mean that customers have access to those updates, for that they have to release it to the public.
    What we can see is them working on it by daily checking the database and you can see at what time the database is being changed.

Originally Posted by Lora Craft69 View Post (Source)
    I think you are misunderstanding the database changes.
    FDEV is working on them and you can see the database changes but that doesn't mean that customers have access to those updates, for that they have to release it to the public.
    What we can see is them working on it by daily checking the database and you can see at what time the database is being changed.
    Kind of draw right now - I guess you wouldn't explain, what's behind this log in details ... so I can't understand what's that all about, I can only answer, depending on the definition of Steam, that this all could mean nothing less than showing "we are alive" and this isn't enough this far.

You can pretend, that it means something, but there's no proof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12