Thread: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS versions are all the same except the color? Better T.16000M FCS?

Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS versions are all the same except the color? Better T.16000M FCS?

I am going to replace my son's T.Flight HOTAS x, some buttons respond just with lots of tries.

T.Flight PS4, One and X are all the same inside or there were changes aside from the colour?

The biggest advantage with that model is that Thruster and Stick are built together and he can use that on his lap sitting on the sofa.

Another one probably I am looking to is the T.16000M FCS flight stick. That one can be used on lap, too and offers 16 buttons (enough?) for Elite Dangerous and is quite cheap to get at the moment (~50 ): https://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/...-a1460957.html

Thoughts about HOTAS versions and recommendations for T.Flight or T.16000M FCS?

What makes the T-flights different is the consoles they work on.

For PC, they all work. But on PC there are better and more advanced options available.

Upgraded to 16000M recently (after 2 generations of TFlight) and it's much better IMHO, in particular more precise and sturdy, zero deadzone, lots of buttons. The thruster control on the base of the stick is crap, though. I would recommend buying the TWCS as well which adds even more buttons plus a handy analog axis. Gone are the days of 'shift' buttons, I can control everything via single presses now and don't have to use the keyboard except for the chat (VR here). A drawback would be that the setup is not really suited for lap or sofa operations, the TFlight is one large piece while the T16000M/TWCS would be two separate items, and the stick itself is a little light and tends to move around. I also got the rudder controls, but don't use them for ED. Note that the thruster controls on the TWCS are modelled after jet fighters and the Z axis is not split like it is with the TFlight, but goes 0-100% all the way, so flying backwards requires a little practice. But then, you'll have to re-learn the controls anyway. Best value would be the HOTAS pack, I guess.

https://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/...-a1460964.html

HTH & O7,

I've owned the T16000M + TWCS for over a year now (going on 2 years) and I love it! The T16000M is a great stick for the money. It's equally precise as the more expensive sticks and plus it's ambidextrous (left & right handed) so you can purchase another if you want a second stick as a throttle instead of the TWCS. The throttle is nice to have for extra buttons and axis'.

If I would go just for the Thrustmaster Stick 16000, the slider in front is precise/smooth enough for landing on a landing pad? The paddle on the HOTAS throttle is helping much. Maybe I use the landing override and set it like WASD to the base buttons.

My son is still too small for FA OFF or lots of other manoeuvrers, or to handle bindings where buttons got via shift double or triple functions. He like to fly SLF in Multicrew or his cobra.

So I'd like to map a basic standard to the buttons down on the Thrustmaster's base to enable starting, flying, basic fighting, energy management, heatsinks and shield cell banks, hostile target will always be wingmember's, jump target also. ... still have to figure out if that is possible on 15-16 buttons.

Give your boy a chance!

Let him fly around and decide what's best for him. Children may have less experience, but they still learn just as well, if not faster, than we do.

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)
    Give your boy a chance!

Let him fly around and decide what's best for him. Children may have less experience, but they still learn just as well, if not faster, than we do.
    Hear hear.

Granted my nephew was three when I let him have at my n64 and Mario.

For six months he pretty much did nothing but bash Mario's head into a wall and laugh hysterically.
    A few months later he was pulling moves I didn't think was possible and I could figuratively finish that game with one hand.

Elite's flight mechanics are honestly pretty simple and arcady so just let him figure it out sooner or later.

Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post (Source)
    Hear hear.

Granted my nephew was three when I let him have at my n64 and Mario.

For six months he pretty much did nothing but bash Mario's head into a wall and laugh hysterically.
    A few months later he was pulling moves I didn't think was possible and I could figuratively finish that game with one hand.

Elite's flight mechanics are honestly pretty simple and arcady so just let him figure it out sooner or later.
    My second boy is like that. He got a Krait (damn those wing missions) and was flying it like he stole it. I told him he was being a bit reckless.

That worked. lol