Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bi-Weave Shield Generators

Originally Posted by Mxpower76 View Post (Source)
    That's what I've got going on with my hybrid Chief. Thermal Biweave with fast charge. Then 3 boosters. 2 resist and 1 HD. For some reason I have super cap on the resists but they work. Got about 2400 on the hull and 475 shields. Great for RES work. My shields come back in less then a minute.
    I had a fun fight with another Cmdr (while in my FGS) who got too excited when my shields went down, which led to his demise.
    Chatting later, I didn't have the heart to tell him that my shields are only ~500, but my hull is over 4k.

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    The defense tab down below might be easier to understand.
    Changing the attacking ship and playing with distributor pips is helpful.
    I looked at the defense tab, but I have the same problem, I don't know what to shoot for. Which bars should be tall and what bars should be lower? What forms of damage need to be high priority and which should not? I'm searching on Google right now to learn more about how shields and shield boosters work.

Originally Posted by GeoDanger View Post (Source)
    I use Bioweaves when I'm spending time in a Hazres or compromised NAV Beacon so I have more staying power and less runs to a station. Same reason my loadout for those things includes lasers instead of multicannons.
    Otherwise its regular shields with boosters on most and Prismatics on my Corvette and FDL for PvP or assasination/terrorist kill missions as the higher mjs seem to matter more. If your shields go down vs. a tough foe you're seldom going to have time to wait for them to regen.

I have an FDL with regular 5A shields and I've never had them go down after I engineered them so I don't plan on changing them to Bi-Weave. The ship I'm using the Bi-Weave shields on is a FAS. It looks like each different ship need shields designed for that ship. The FAS when using the same shields as I use on my FDL go down a lot faster on the FAS then they do on the FDL, is this the case?

Originally Posted by L M P View Post (Source)
    I looked at the defense tab, but I have the same problem, I don't know what to shoot for. Which bars should be tall and what bars should be lower? What forms of damage need to be high priority and which should not? I'm searching on Google right now to learn more about how shields and shield boosters work.
    Depends how you're getting damaged most often.
    Since shields are already weak to lasers it makes sense to build that thermal up a bit, especially for PVE.
    Shooting for fairly even resistances around 50% is a pretty common approach, then adding as much MJs as possible.
    The absolute bar will be smaller.
    PVP sees more kinetic and absolute damage in my experience, and builds favoring that tend to be more common.
    But you are limited by what engineers you have so get on that asap.

For all pve, bi weaves were the best shields for me. Thermal resistant and fast charge, then resistance boosters to bring resistances close to 50% and the rest heavy duty boosters.

I have an FDL with regular 5A shields and I've never had them go down after I engineered them so I don't plan on changing them to Bi-Weave. The ship I'm using the Bi-Weave shields on is a FAS. It looks like each different ship need shields designed for that ship. The FAS when using the same shields as I use on my FDL go down a lot faster on the FAS then they do on the FDL, is this the case?
    On the FDL, it's the recharge that makes bi-weaves popular.
    The FDL is very fast and maneuverable, so if you can avoid getting hit too much, the recharge rate of the biweaves will eventually outpace the A class for total MJ/time.

Unmodified 5A shields give the FdL 470MJ on the FAS they only give 213MJ, these differences together with armour strength variations are why some ships are referred to as shield tanks (FdL) others as hull tanks (any of the small Federal ships).

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    Unmodified 5A shields give the FdL 470MJ on the FAS they only give 213MJ, these differences together with armour strength variations are why some ships are referred to as shield tanks (FdL) others as hull tanks (any of the small Federal ships).
    Yes, this is important.
    Each ship has a set of base modifiers, so the same setup can be very different on another similarly sized ship.

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    Depends how you're getting damaged most often.
    Since shields are already weak to lasers it makes sense to build that thermal up a bit, especially for PVE.
    Shooting for fairly even resistances around 50% is a pretty common approach, then adding as much MJs as possible.
    The absolute bar will be smaller.
    PVP sees more kinetic and absolute damage in my experience, and builds favoring that tend to be more common.
    But you are limited by what engineers you have so get on that asap.
    Almost there, I just need to take him his 200 units of gold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12