Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Possible solution to sizing

  1. #1

    Possible solution to sizing

    I know I will get bashed on and ridiculed for sharing this idea, but I am just sharing an idea that could solve the sizing issue. (side note, I am just sharing an idea to solve the sizing issue and I am not a computer expert). I was thinking maybe frontier could add a new gene to add. They could add a giraffe DNA. By adding giraffe DNA, it will increase the size of the dinosaurs. When adding it, it could increase resilience and rating. Then obviously decrease the rest of the stats by either one arrow or two. When adding the giraffe DNA, it increase the dino size by 5%. Then more you add, the bigger the dino will be. As for the length, maybe by adding blue whale DNA. As said above it increase the resilience and rating while decreasing the rest of the stats. It will lengthen the dino by 1 or 4%. The more Whale DNA you add, the longer the creature. I'm just throwing it out there, but this could possibly work. If not, then I tried. Just throwing this idea I had out there. So let the bashing begin

  2. #2
    I feel like this would have..strange results if used this way. Imagine a long t-rex, or a tall ankylosaur, it would look really weird and not in a good way imo. Just pop an image of a dinosaur into an image editor (like gimp) and stretch it. Looks really wonky.
    If they add a size gene, it should be overall size, not height and length. Maybe just blue whale DNA, for a bigger creature overall.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Dinocanid View Post (Source)
    I feel like this would have..strange results if used this way. Imagine a long t-rex, or a tall ankylosaur, it would look really weird and not in a good way imo. Just pop an image of a dinosaur into an image editor (like gimp) and stretch it. Looks really wonky.
    If they add a size gene, it should be overall size, not height and length. Maybe just blue whale DNA, for a bigger creature overall.
    Either that or another creature that deals with overall size. It can solve the whole giga and spino being too small than the T-rex. This could work maybe and it might not affect the console version. Thanks for not bashing on me

  4. #4
    But then they would still need to make bigger dinosaur models, and I thought that was the issue in the first place?

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by MarcWP View Post (Source)
    But then they would still need to make bigger dinosaur models, and I thought that was the issue in the first place?
    Under normal circumstances, no they wouldn't. With most game engines, making something bigger is as easy as simply scaling it up (its animations and collisions go with it, which avoids clipping). Usually a game does not need to remodel anything if they want the exact same thing but bigger.
    But the cobra engine was custom-built by Frontier, so I have no idea what the limitations are. They might not be able to simply do that, I don't know. I'm not speaking on their behalf btw, it's just what I've learned as an indie dev.

    A big reason could be that they want to improve on the animations. At the moment, kill animations hardly connect with what's being killed. A t-rex might tackle the air and the stegosaurus dies anyway. This would be trickier to fix with varied sizes because it's, well, bigger lol. If the Indoraptor was modified to be bigger, and a velociraptor plays a kill animation on it, the velo would most likely clip right into the middle of the I-Raptor and it would look floaty and weird.

  6. #6
    I suspect the reason they aren't fixing the dinosaur sizes is not a technical one, rather a IP-related problem dtemming from the no-doubt restrictive creative decisions Universal made in the game's development.

  7. #7
    They already said the size issues won't be fixed. They are minor anyway. The size difference between the Rex, Spino and Giga are small and not worth all the whining and complaining people have done about them. Especially since there are so many other inaccuracies in the canon Dinosaurs anyway.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    They already said the size issues won't be fixed. They are minor anyway. The size difference between the Rex, Spino and Giga are small and not worth all the whining and complaining people have done about them. Especially since there are so many other inaccuracies in the canon Dinosaurs anyway.
    Yeah I am one of those who were very annoyed to find out about the sizes, especially the Giga, and still I agree with this. There are other priorities to worry about. By the time they would even get to some sort of apology DLC with maybe something like a large Carcha and "Sorna Spino", wouldn't matter much anymore.

  9. #9

    I'm fine with T-rex being bigger!!!

    Originally Posted by tagdab1738 View Post (Source)
    Either that or another creature that deals with overall size. It can solve the whole giga and spino being too small than the T-rex. This could work maybe and it might not affect the console version. Thanks for not bashing on me
    I am biased lol. I haven't gotten to the giga and spino's yet but GOOD if they are smaller than T-Rex. TREX4LYFE.

    JP3 didn't do very well and I think it's largely in part to T-Rex getting killed by the Spino.

    Forget accuracy! If we wanted accuracy then we wouldn't be playing a game where dinos are brought back to life. If we want accuracy then these dinos should look like giant turkeys! Trex is the star of the show and should reign over all natural dinosaurs. I-Rex is ok...

  10. #10
    It's an interesting idea, but the effort to implement that wouldn't be worth it, the way they are going about it better to just chalk it up as a loss that some are going to be pretty upset about it. I was kind of hyped to hear the giga would be in and probably feel it's better left out than the tiny version, but even I can live with it.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by satch View Post (Source)
    It's an interesting idea, but the effort to implement that wouldn't be worth it, the way they are going about it better to just chalk it up as a loss that some are going to be pretty upset about it. I was kind of hyped to hear the giga would be in and probably feel it's better left out than the tiny version, but even I can live with it.
    I do wonder why it was included. Still, dino sizes are pretty low on the list of problems. I'm not saying they aren't an issue, but... well, I'll put it this way: If I can't fit all the dinos in my park anyway, at least I can leave out the low-quality ones. Silver lining, I guess lol

  12. #12
    From what I read about sizing problem of dinos and island is breaking saves so the solution is simple when you make a dlc not save compatible change dinos or island size and on the next the remaining as for the rex the star make him stonger than the others
    And let them be bigger!! EASY DONT YOU THING!!!?? ( I think universal will not have problem with this)

  13. #13
    Excellent idea.

    They could add LoraCraft69 DNA, and the park keeps closing down for no apparent reason - LOL.

    Have nice weekend everybody

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Rob At Work View Post (Source)
    Excellent idea.

    They could add LoraCraft69 DNA, and the park keeps closing down for no apparent reason - LOL.

    Have nice weekend everybody
    /thread lol