Thread: First Thargoid introduction.

First Thargoid introduction.

There I was flying off to see Prof Palin, 30 boring jumps of nothing so I didn't start the recording software, and half way there get pulled out of warp by 4 small Thargoids who gave me a bit of a scan and buggered off again. It wasn't the full fat giant eye in your face, but very enjoyable. I was so interested in the effects I didn't think to take a bloomin screenshot. I took one after of a wake!!

The really surprising thing is, I wasn't carrying anything, I have an empty cargo hold.

Have encounters in general become more common?

And blow me, thinking it'll never happen on the way back.... At least I got a couple of screenshots this time!

Pleiades Sector TZ-O B6-3

You can get pulled quite regularly around the Pleiades at the moment. I’ve got a base at Agricola’s Ascent and often get pulled out of super cruise by Thargoids, I now carry a wake scanner in all the ships I have based there to collect their wake data....quite what it will be used for I don’t know but I really enjoy a close encounter, like so many things...the first time was the most memorable.

If you enjoyed it then you may like to pop in on some of the big ships that are around at the moment as you may see an attack taking place. I came across one a few weeks back and that was quite eerie to watch, I was in an unarmed Asp at the time so just sat back and watched. I haven’t had a chance to play in the last few weeks due to work so can’t tell you where would be the best place to go to see something similar but someone else may be able to help.

Originally Posted by Rock Hunter View Post (Source)
    If you enjoyed it then you may like to pop in on some of the big ships that are around at the moment as you may see an attack taking place. I came across one a few weeks back and that was quite eerie to watch, I was in an unarmed Asp at the time so just sat back and watched. I haven’t had a chance to play in the last few weeks due to work so can’t tell you where would be the best place to go to see something similar but someone else may be able to help.
    Either look for attacked systems on the galmap (you might need to switch on their icons in the last tab of the galmap) - though they aren't always present. Otherwise if you're still in the pleiades then Electra / Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 are good.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Either look for attacked systems on the galmap (you might need to switch on their icons in the last tab of the galmap) - though they aren't always present. Otherwise if you're still in the pleiades then Electra / Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 are good.
    I must admit that the sight of a Coriolis under repair is a bit disappointing - it looks like someone has attacked it with post-it notes.

I've been down there quite a few times and still have yet to get pulled out of warp.

I may set up shop down there and commute when I want to do power play stuff. Seems to be where the action is.