Thread: Update Ideas

Update Ideas

I'm sure I'm being a noob but can someone point me in the direction to the discussion that I'm sure is going on about how it doesn't make sense that the carnivores don't attack the jeeps? I understand it would be a large game dynamic change but I'm wondering if it's being considered or shot down.

Also, another thing I'd like to see changed is the visitors reaction to dino attacks. They often just stand there and wait for the dino to approach...then fall down... and continue to wait for the dino to approach. Can't you make AI for them to run and get caught anyways?

Contracts often don't make sense in relation to the issuing division. It's like any division can ask you to hatch a new dinosaur or make an expedition or bring your park rating to a certain level. It would be cool to see security only ask for security related things.

I found it.

Originally Posted by Milidin View Post (Source)
    I'm sure I'm being a noob but can someone point me in the direction to the discussion that I'm sure is going on about how it doesn't make sense that the carnivores don't attack the jeeps? I understand it would be a large game dynamic change but I'm wondering if it's being considered or shot down.

Also, another thing I'd like to see changed is the visitors reaction to dino attacks. They often just stand there and wait for the dino to approach...then fall down... and continue to wait for the dino to approach. Can't you make AI for them to run and get caught anyways?

Contracts often don't make sense in relation to the issuing division. It's like any division can ask you to hatch a new dinosaur or make an expedition or bring your park rating to a certain level. It would be cool to see security only ask for security related things.
    Nevermind I found the thread. Feel free to delete this one

here's the thing this has been majorly discussed already since before release and we knew about it. Frontier was not allowed to have the jeeps be destructible because of licensing issues, which affected a few things in this game.

there is a stickied post in this very forum called wishlist were everyone is posting their ideas for improvement that Frontier is using to decide what to add in future updates.

I don't see the point in them attacking the Jeeps. It's already been discussed multiple times and it's never going to happen. No one really knows why. I do know it would make refilling the feeders difficult. Anyway this was shot down months ago. They vehicles will never ever be destroyed by the animals.

Get rid of the jeeps then!

Then change the jeeps. Don't use jeeps if there's licensing issues. I think the jeeps being attackable is a larger priority than making sure you have a certain vehicle type in the game. Design your own vehicles from scratch and you can destroy them all you want.

well everyone is going to have their own opinion on it, but I get excited about the possibilities if you could have a lot more interactive experience with the jeeps and how dinosaurs could react to them differently or attack them, the feeder thing would have to be changed obviously. the AI would just go in there and be getting killed.

but they just aren't going to change something like that, it's part of the 'deal' I would guess originally when they started development on this game. I remember reading something about it, possibly somehow the Jeeps are tied to the JW license maybe?? idk

Originally Posted by satch View Post (Source)
    Frontier was not allowed to have the jeeps be destructible because of licensing issues, which affected a few things in this game.
    Interesting statement. This is the first time I hear this.

Is the concern about jeep design? Or only the painting of the jeep? If the latter is true, what about having a ranking system to which only the most experience team can have the grey-white-red painting, and hence indestructible.

To OP, I have been shut down like a million times but I’m not giving up on this.

I don’t know but I feel like the jeep gameplay is one of the core mini-games they intend to promote. Obviously, feeder refilling will be like a billion-fold more thrilling if they are made destructible.

Yes, Animation, AI, Automation (not to introduce any additional chore to a already frustrating system many people claim), additional features (such as beacon, sanctuary paddock for storms as I recently suggested), Gameplay Difficulty Balance (as I discussed with Lora) are whole bunch of things needed to be worked on, to make the destructible jeep concept feels right. These are not easy stuffs for sure but I guess the returns are comparable in weight as it makes JWE thrills again. If possible, I still hope they will take time, slowly and patiently, in developing this feature.

For Dino hunting sequences, it has more to do with Interaction animation than AI. I hypothesise that there is no such thing as concerted chase hunting AI as the game is limited by its locked down, cinematic interaction animation. Honestly, this is one of the things I discussed and cared about the most during pre-launch. Somehow, when I start playing the game, it doesn't feel like a major as I anticpated. Still, any improvement will be truly appreciated. I might want to write this up again in the future – with new points and perspectives, of course.

Originally Posted by satch View Post (Source)
    well everyone is going to have their own opinion on it, but I get excited about the possibilities if you could have a lot more interactive experience with the jeeps and how dinosaurs could react to them differently or attack them, the feeder thing would have to be changed obviously. the AI would just go in there and be getting killed.

but they just aren't going to change something like that, it's part of the 'deal' I would guess originally when they started development on this game. I remember reading something about it, possibly somehow the Jeeps are tied to the JW license maybe?? idk
    I doubt it has anything to do with licensed vehicles and more likely some gameplay element. Like I said making the Dinosaurs attack the jeeps and destroy them would make refilling the feeders difficult. That makes more sense.

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    I doubt it has anything to do with licensed vehicles and more likely some gameplay element. Like I said making the Dinosaurs attack the jeeps and destroy them would make refilling the feeders difficult. That makes more sense.
    All I know is that was definitely what was said about a week before release, when this issue was being heavily talked about. In my mind I remembered that as being the "official answer" as to why, I can't find the reference point, so maybe someone else knows.

I do know Universal and licensing issues are extremely obvious in this game, that is just part of business sometimes.