Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous Crashing on Xbox

Elite Dangerous Crashing on Xbox

So recently, I downloaded Horizons for the game because I was dying to land on planets. Loaded up the game, rushed to the nearest one, and was super excited. I drove around the surface for a bit, then went back and took off. As I started to fly towards the nearest base, a message came up explaining that something went wrong, that I should try reinstalling the game, and then closed after pressing the "Abort" option. I reinstalled it, and proceeded with playing. Halfway through customizing my Holo-Me, it did it again. After relaunching the game, it happened yet again. The time between loading in and the crash is probably about 30-45 minutes, and it drives me crazy, since the game rolls back a little each time. Hope someone can help.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hi UncleSpoods,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, have you tried clearing the cache of your Xbox One in between reinstalls? Often we see issues such as this which can be amended by doing this!

A guide on how to perform this can be found here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=207

Please do let us know how this goes!

Thank you for the response. I followed the directions that the link gave, but the game still crashed. I'm pretty sure I did it right. I managed to take a picture of the message that comes up, here's what it says: "A file has failed to load after multiple attempts. Other process on the system such as virus scanners can cause this. If no such process exists a file may have become corrupt, please reinstall the game."

I am having the same problem I foung that when i go into managing games and delete reserved space for elite it works good until it reloads again Some kind of conflict with the game and data Problem rhe file keeps returning because it is needed for future updates i am told Just another bug

Originally Posted by UncleSpoods View Post (Source)
    "A file has failed to load after multiple attempts. Other process on the system such as virus scanners can cause this. If no such process exists a file may have become corrupt, please reinstall the game."
    That doesn't sound like something that's suposed to pop up on a console?

Is your box maybe overheating (dust, just bad ventilation, etc.)? Parts of Horizons are timing sensitive, and the system throttling unexpectedly or otherwise running out of spec can cause weird crashes.

When i saw the error message, thats the same thing I thought. I'm not exactly sure if its because of over heating, but i do know I have the console placed horizontally, so the cooling holes are facing upward

Me too, never had an ED crash but since the update it is crashing several times a day. This afternoon played with a friend and both of were dropped by a complete reset back to the Xbox Home screen that requires a restart of ED.

Game crash

Yep, same here, once in the commodities menu and once in game, both sent back to the xbox one x home screen.

I was in solo play, both happened after the update.