Thread: The animal model thread

The animal model thread

So I understand that Frontier worked really hard to make these models the best they could.

And you can see it on animals like the ceratopsians and stegosaurs, many animals don't quite hit it out of the park for me and some are just plain terrible.

For example, the Tyrannosaurus, as much as it's a decent model, has numerous little differences between it and the one from JP that make it look goofy and unconvincing.

The Deinonychus is probably the worst depiction of the species and I'm sure Ostrom is spinning in his grave enough to power a large city

This isn't to mention other grievances I have like Penta having earholes on its frill, the raptors sickle toes going too far up the leg, the teeth on the small carnivores going way too back, the horifically bland skins, the ugly feet on the Apatosaurus and Mamenchisaurus, and I could go on and on and on.

I also KNOW that Frontier is willing to edit models because of what they did to the Stegosaurus, which I am eternally grateful for.

I agree.

I'd like to see the T-Rex less than headstrong. It was a bit of a caricature.

I hate the Sinoceratops model with those holes in the skull, but that's Fallen Kingdom's problem.

What's the matter with Stegosaurus? I did not pay much attention to him!

Not my opinion at all. I am ridiculously picky when it comes to visual since I'm a visual artist, with lots of experience in paleoart. Maybe some stuff were a little off (Camara tail dragging but who knows really!?), but I was so impressed overall. I did mentionned before that some of their calls were off synch at release.

Honestly I like the Deinonychus, it's not accurate, but it has a cool design not to mention having the most beautiful color schemes in the game.

The Gallimimus, on the other hand, is hideous. It has weird proportions that don't even match up with Jurassic World. The struthiomimus looks more accurate both to the movie and the real animal than the Gallimimus we currently have

Originally Posted by Camargo View Post (Source)
    I agree.

I'd like to see the T-Rex less than headstrong. It was a bit of a caricature.

I hate the Sinoceratops model with those holes in the skull, but that's Fallen Kingdom's problem.

What's the matter with Stegosaurus? I did not pay much attention to him!
    The Steg used to droop its tail like in JW but Frontier decided to man up and have it erect