Thread: "You can't believe that, it was on the Internet!"

"You can't believe that, it was on the Internet!"

I swear, my mum and her partner are the biggest technophobes ever.

I was talking about the weather forecast, yes, that's right, the weather, and they've decided it must be wrong because it was published online.

The BBC forecast no less... And yes, they accepted the identical forecast on telly.

Sorry, but it has to be said: Idiots. Pretty annoyed right now, because these two are still living in 1992.

/rant

So what did I miss happening in 1992?

Originally Posted by Arry View Post (Source)
    So what did I miss happening in 1992?
    Random pre-mass digital age.

Okay I was only born in '94, so obviously have no idea what life in '92 was like.

What I'm trying to say is that my folks still think the Internet is inhabited exclusively by criminals and such who wish to disrupt normal people.

I mean that type is there but they're hardly exclusive, and I think it's safe to say the BBC weather app' wasn't hijacked today.

*facedesk*

For when a palm isn't enough.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    What I'm trying to say is that my folks still think the Internet is inhabited exclusively by criminals and such who wish to disrupt normal people.
    The forums not that bad...... well not always.

Remind them of this.

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)

Remind them of this.
    I forgot about that old chestnut. Next time, and there will be a next time, annoyingly.

People are dumb.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    no idea what life in '92 was like.
    Terminator 2!

Originally Posted by Sir.Tj View Post (Source)

Remind them of this.
    I remember that and I remember that night/day.

There was internet in 92, but it was kind of a luxury.

First time I saw a computer that could go online was my buddies dad's home work computer and he used the old 300 Baud Modem you had to put the phone on the receiver.

As long as their technophobia does not oblige you to cancel your internet subscription and throw your computer in the trash, all is well

Mrs Stigbobs become a born again teenager since buying a smartphone, and now only believes the weather notifications she gets on that. Even if it disagrees with other sources.

I just look out of the window.

What is this internet thing of which ye speaketh?

I tell a lie, I have actually heard about it but I don't think I shall ever be using it.