Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Steam Overlay broken

Steam Overlay broken

Hi I like to explore and I used to be able to open the Steam overlay and take screenshots of the worlds I find and upload them to my Steam cloud. It gave me a sense of accomplishment to share them on the Steam forum.

I logged back in after taking a break for a while and now the overlay doesn't work. I hear there is an in-game screenshot function, but I can't find the keybind for it, and it's a pain to get it into my Steam cloud that way.

Is this a known issue, and is there an ETA on a fix?

Thanks for your time.

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hello!
    You should be able to load up the Steam Overlay in the game if press Shift+Tab at the same time. However you might want to check that you have Steam overlay enabled first.
    If you took a screenshot with F12 and it is not showing in the game, you might be able to do it by switching back to the desktop. And you should see the screenshot that you just took from there.

Originally Posted by Support Naro View Post (Source)
    Hello!
    You should be able to load up the Steam Overlay in the game if press Shift+Tab at the same time. However you might want to check that you have Steam overlay enabled first.
    If you took a screenshot with F12 and it is not showing in the game, you might be able to do it by switching back to the desktop. And you should see the screenshot that you just took from there.
    I verified that I have the steam overlay enabled. It is enabled in:

Steam - Settings - In-Game - Enable the Steam Overlay while in game
    and
    Library - Elite: Dangerous - Properties - General - Enable the Steam Overlay while in game

I have the Horizons season pass, and I'm launching Elite: Dangerous Horizons 64-bit through the launcher.

I have also tried right-clicking Elite: Dangerous in my library and clicking "Play Elite: Dangerous Horizons" which opens the launcher with none of the other options to pick from. It's still the same and I can't open the overlay.

Could you move this to Elite support? Sorry for the confusion.

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    Hi,
    Did the F12 button work for you when taking a screenshot?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...king?p=6922933

^ I got the overlay back. F12 probably works, but I don't care to take a local screenshot.

Thanks for your time.