Thread: Time bonus for mission, has something changed?

Time bonus for mission, has something changed?

Doing some missions this morning, found a nice lucrative haulage mission (120 Palladium for 7.1m C, one jump easy peasy). Since I had been to the destination station recently, used that lovely new feature in the Commodities to see what they sell. Made a quick list then took about half a dozen fetch missions just so I wouldn't be coming back empty. These weren't high paying, around 200 - 400 K each but enough to pay for fuel so to speak.

Anyway, dropped off the Palladium (no interdictions this time, there goes my fun for the trip) loaded up on the fetch missions and headed back. As soon as I entered the system, got a message advising me of a time bonus for one of the fetch missions, checked it, 32 minutes and I was only 500ls out, not a challenge, basically forgot about it. Strangely there was not talk of how much extra I would get if I made the time frame, just that I would be 'rewarded'.

Landed, started to hand in the missions, and the one with the time bonus blew my mind. Mission was to fetch 72T of Basic Meds, reward of 396,816 as I said small stuff. Handing in the mission and received a reward of 2,356,728, yep and extra 1,959,912 credits for well nothing.

I then remembered the same thing happened earlier, but didn't note down the figures but they seem about the same. Just a note, the faction is the controlling faction in my home station and I am fully allied (the missions were at a different system where the faction was only one of the minor ones).

Is this a new thing?

Hey !

You had 32 minutes ? How far away from the star is the station ? I would assume that it has to do with the long distance between a&b. The reward might be proportional, the further away you have to go under a certain time limit has to be a variable.

If that is the case, I couldn't tell you if that's something new or not !

Anyways, enjoy the reward

Originally Posted by Dsign View Post (Source)
    Hey !

You had 32 minutes ? How far away from the star is the station ? I would assume that it has to do with the long distance between a&b. The reward might be proportional, the further away you have to go under a certain time limit has to be a variable.

If that is the case, I couldn't tell you if that's something new or not !

Anyways, enjoy the reward
    That's the thing, from the entry point into the system to the destination station was 525LS, yep less than 2 minutes flight time I guess. I could understand if the distance was 500,000 ls for that type of bonus, but I could had stopped and had a coffee and still make the 32 minute time bonus.

Hey I'm not complaining, I am taking every fetch and haulage mission from that faction I can lol

Beats the hades out of the old <1 minute when you're still 6 jumps away.

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Beats the hades out of the old <1 minute when you're still 6 jumps away.
    I kinda miss the old deadlines, they actually added a bit of tension to a mundane run. Dreading an interdiction just because of the time it took, praying that the pad would be available when you finally get there, trying really really hard not to have to perform a loop of shame - that was fun lol

Originally Posted by M00ka View Post (Source)
    That's the thing, from the entry point into the system to the destination station was 525LS, yep less than 2 minutes flight time I guess. I could understand if the distance was 500,000 ls for that type of bonus, but I could had stopped and had a coffee and still make the 32 minute time bonus.

Hey I'm not complaining, I am taking every fetch and haulage mission from that faction I can lol
    Damn. I don't know then, could be a bug, could be legit. Crazy how that works

Originally Posted by M00ka View Post (Source)
    I kinda miss the old deadlines, they actually added a bit of tension to a mundane run. Dreading an interdiction just because of the time it took, praying that the pad would be available when you finally get there, trying really really hard not to have to perform a loop of shame - that was fun lol
    I still get these. Well, maybe not 1 min, but 2 mins with 1000ls. It makes you feel like you might make it, but then you donít.

Sounds appropriate to me. Properly incentive you prioritizing their mission. They are asking you to deliver in 30 minutes what they initially bid out for 24hrs. Be like telling a contractor you need a project initially scheduled for a week time frame done that afternoon. If anything the initial reward was probably too low when accounting for commodity expense.

Was the system in outbreak perchance?

Originally Posted by Bacalao View Post (Source)
    Sounds appropriate to me. Properly incentive you prioritizing their mission. They are asking you to deliver in 30 minutes what they initially bid out for 24hrs. Be like telling a contractor you need a project initially scheduled for a week time frame done that afternoon. If anything the initial reward was probably too low when accounting for commodity expense.

Was the system in outbreak perchance?
    System state is: None, although there is civil unrest and civil war between some of the minor factions.

I understand the bonus for early delivery, but normally they are less than the initial reward or something around 20,000 credits or the such, not in the Millions lol

I noticed a time bonus of 2 million yesterday and was also surprised. I don't usually even look, so plan to pay more attention now

bonus times are now bigger, yes