Thread: Anybody Know?

Anybody Know?

Anybody know what the total population of the galaxy is? I know I just passed through several systems with populations way in the billions, so I'm just curious if any of you number-crunchers out there have tallied up the total population of the galaxy.

Fly to every populated system and tally it up.

Originally Posted by Spacecat View Post (Source)
    Fly to every populated system and tally it up.
    I'll put that on my to-do list - after circumnavigating the galaxy and becoming Allied with every faction at every station, outpost and installation.

I'd wondered about it at times and a rough estimation could be five trillion at least from the powerplay screen numbers and then some. It's nice to realize that the human race is so far fairly prosperous and sustaining as a whole in 3304 in the bubble of the galaxy. Where all kinds of different governments and societies are possible (i.e. communes, theocracies, confederacies, etc.) due to tech and available interstellar resources. A nicely positive outcome for humans so far in a thousand plus years with little alien competition and quick interstellar travel, where other sci-fi worlds for humans could be a lot worse.

If you mean people as in the little numbers in system maps, then a whole bunch. If you mean people as in those flying around in ships or going to and from stations then not very many.

Found it. I'd tell it to you, but the click bait nature of your thread title made me sad, so I'll let you find it for yourself

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    I'll put that on my to-do list - after circumnavigating the galaxy and becoming Allied with every faction at every station, outpost and installation.
    Begin with the bubble.

The rest of the galaxy must be rather desert

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    When you will have finished, can you count the population of Thargoids ?