Thread: Crime punishment system

Crime punishment system

Hi was doing some rescue during this new pleiades campaing when I probbably hit the wrong target with missiles. Result 200cr bounty.

Ok went to one the stations in system to pay it, use stealth so that it would shoot me. When I was to pay it I got send to god knows where and paid the 200cr.

Is this normal ? Is the game pushing you to do all of this transactions throught interstellar factors ?

I really was very annoyed by this situation.

You may have been sent to a detention centre is all. It happens sometimes, although I have not had the displeasure of this happening to me and have managed to pay all my bounties at the correct stations.

You will have to take this one on the chin and put it down to experience.
    Fly safe Cmdr's
    o7

Originally Posted by StalkerMac View Post (Source)
    ............... have managed to pay all my bounties at the correct stations.
    Hmm - bounty needs IF to pay off.

Only fines can be paid off using anonymous access at stations.

What the OP fell into the trap of was "handing themselves in" i.e. a miscreant surrendering to justice and so being sent to detention facility.

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=423

"New for 3.1: You can now hand yourself into security contacts if you have a bounty and a zero notoriety rating. Handing yourself in will pay off the bounty and result in deportation to the nearest detention center." (sic)

... have fun.

Originally Posted by Krakenheim View Post (Source)

I really was very annoyed by this situation.

Don't do it again then (handing yourself in that is).

Yes, this is normal.

If you get a bounty and turn yourself in, you get transported to the nearest (or at least to a) prison ship. A fine can be paid off at your local office without any further consequences. In both cases only as long as you don't have notoriety for killing another ship.

Alternatively, you can pay both fines and bounties, with the usual surcharge, at your friendly neighbourhood facilitator - if you don't have notoriety.

Or you can simply ignore it.

Just keep in mind (a few people recently reported being stung by that) that any module of your ship is considerd "hot" unless your bounty is paid, and to clean them after you've removed them from your ship, you'll have to pay the usual rebuy fee of 5% of the module's worth, irrespective of the bounty value. Expensive, if we're talking about 8A modules.

The good news is that the nearest Prison Ship is only 30Ly away, it is where I base myself for Maia, the bad news is there are 3 Interstellar Factors in the CG system including Donar's Oak the CG station.

Yep my first C&P resulted in this as well just recently in a CNB and hit the wrong one. Minor 200 credit fine too (or was it bounty), either way went to pay it off and ended up in a detention center. Kind of cool and was an experience...

Originally Posted by khaos526 View Post (Source)
    Yep my first C&P resulted in this as well just recently in a CNB and hit the wrong one. Minor 200 credit fine too (or was it bounty), either way went to pay it off and ended up in a detention center. Kind of cool and was an experience...
    Must have been a bounty they haven't deported me and I have paid off fines for double that.

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)

Alternatively, you can pay both fines and bounties, with the usual surcharge, at your friendly neighbourhood facilitator - if you don't have notoriety.
    I think you need to be careful which facilitator you use. I believe if you use one run by the same guys who gave you the bounty then you'll be nicked.

Originally Posted by Maenden View Post (Source)
    I think you need to be careful which facilitator you use. I believe if you use one run by the same guys who gave you the bounty then you'll be nicked.
    Maybe that's it. I went to the first station in the current system as the CNB where I hit a non-wanted ship. That might explain it...