Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cops going rogue.

I noticed it as well on one occasion.
    I assumed I had inadvertently hit said cop while fighting a pirate. There were several cops around and only one was aggressive/hostile.
    As soon as I tried to retaliate against him, the whole pack turned red and vapourized my brand-new Krait. (They didn't wait to scan me to get hostile)

Another similar instance was as follow:
    I was BH at a nav beacon, a NPC ship enters the instance (Type 7, Python I don't remember, but quite large ship). It's CLEAN.
    I decide to focus on something else, then after a while I notice the cops shooting at the transport which turned WANTED (by firing back I reckon, read on).
    Then I proceed to blow said ship up, fortunately I didn't incur a bounty myself for whatever possible bug-related reason, and I receive a bounty voucher for... 400Cr.
    Which makes me think that the only crime commited was shooting back, meaning the ship had no reason to be harrassed by the cops in the first place...

Had this happen twice more in the last 24 hours.

Haven't been to a RES for months but I've been building a couple of new ships and using RES's to test them out.
    On one occasion I was just minding my own business, scanning ships, looking for criminals, when a cop scanned me (I was Clean) and then started shooting at me.
    On the 2nd occasion I was shooting at other stuff, with no cops nearby to get in the way, when I suddenly realised I was getting shot at by 3 cop ships in addition to the one I was targeting.
    On that occasion, there were other cop ships nearby and they remained green and didn't join in the attack.

Here's my Transactions HUD at the time; no fines for negligent fire, no bounties, no nothing.

And here's the 3 cops who decided to shoot at me anyway, as well as my HUD showing I'm Clean.

Hard to believe FDev say they "can't replicate this issue".
    Just do combat-related stuff for a couple of hours and it seems like it's almost certain to happen sooner or later.

But their name isn't Stealthie .... you must be on a watch list.

It's obviously just an interstellar Bad Lieutenant, nothing to be concerned about.

Im irritated how of the NPCs have Rogue Squardon names, it would be perfect for this.

I put my vote bump on the bug report because this has messed up quite a few of my pew pew sessions lately. If you've experienced it too vote with a post on the following bug and possibly other bug reports.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-going-hostile

Also, if you find a magical way to make the bug happen consistently post it on the bug report. That could be the best way to get it fixed faster!

So, it seems cops have a flag that means they never turn "wanted", I suspect this may have been due to folk like me who got annoyed with the cops many, many years ago, and would fly between them and their targets, turning them wanted. Seems it's perfectly reasonable for humans to have to check their fire, but NPC's...

Anyway, if someone could just turn off that flag, we'd all be good. Rogue AI get's splatted by itself, provides amusement for CMDR's, and everyone is happy!

Z...

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Once again, I find myself asking "Is this a bug or a feature?"
    Yes.

Originally Posted by CMDR QUANTIS TRAP View Post (Source)
    I put my vote bump on the bug report because this has messed up quite a few of my pew pew sessions lately. If you've experienced it too vote with a post on the following bug and possibly other bug reports.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-going-hostile

Also, if you find a magical way to make the bug happen consistently post it on the bug report. That could be the best way to get it fixed faster!
    Thanks for the link, I added my post, since it happened to me, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12