Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doom Eternal : Quakecon 2018 Gameplay Reveal

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I would have picked it up during the QuakeCon sale, but I don't have much cash left after my recent purchase of TW3.
    Which you'll very likely enjoy immensly, and by the time you've finished it Doom will be even cheaper. Huzzah !

And you can play through Doom 2016 vanilla style ignoring the wep/armour upgrade path. Git gud scrubs

Looks awesome. I cannot wait to smash some demon invaders.

Originally Posted by Necronaught View Post (Source)
    Looks awesome. I cannot wait to smash some demon invaders.
    Yep, stolen straight outta Dark Souls (one of my faves) . I think it's gonna work really well, especially as they made the point that you have the choice whether or not to play with invasions on

Originally Posted by Caramel Clown View Post (Source)
    Doom3 was laughably bad, I want to smoke some of that...whatever you are having.
    Yet, it sold better than Half-Life 2, having a Metacritic score two points higher than DOOM (2016): 87 instead of 85.

It's clear now, that you're just parroting schoolyard myths and never played any of the originals. Goodbye.

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    Yet, it sold better than Half-Life 2, having a Metacritic score two points higher than DOOM (2016): 87 instead of 85.

It's clear now, that you're just parroting schoolyard myths and never played any of the originals. Goodbye.
    Well, once metacritic agrees with you then I stand no chance. What a compelling argument. Surely everybody there are old enough to remember the originals, especially looking at the reviews
    If you think that Doom3 can stand in the same lineup as the original games, and 2016 game then metacritic is the place for you.

I was fan of those games 20y ago, you don't need a single neuron to play them. Now I need something more inmersive. The graphics are awesome and model details etc.

Originally Posted by =71st=RuSh View Post (Source)
    I was fan of those games 20y ago, you don't need a single neuron to play them. Now I need something more inmersive. The graphics are awesome and model details etc.
    They are mostly a running demo for the IDTech engine (and that was the case since Quake 3). They derive a lot of revenue from its licensing.

Metacritic should be avoided by the plague, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.

There were only two things good about Doom3, the Id Tech 4 engine, and the DLC : Resurrection of Evil. The original campaign was comparitively crap.

Oh, one other saving grace for Doom3 was the fact custom geometry levels could be created with Radiant, something that is sadly lacking in Doom 2016 (due to having to have console parity).

I have a soft spot for the Quake/Doom engine, having previously worked for Activision, on Star Trek : Elite Force.

Originally Posted by SpacialKatana View Post (Source)
    Metacritic should be avoided by the plague, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.
    Someone calling a game with a metascore of 87 "laughably bad" can't be taken serious. This is kindergarten talk. Doom³ was glaring success.

There were only two things good about Doom3, the Id Tech 4 engine, and the DLC : Resurrection of Evil. The original campaign was comparitively crap.
    RoE was not a DLC. It was physical expansion - on CD-ROM.

It's pretty clear, that the guys talking crap about Doom³ all learned about the Doom franchise for the first time, when the shoddy re-masters appeared on digital download stores in preparation for DOOM (2016) and millennial reviewers failed at playing it. Pretending to be long-term fans for retro points, but actually hating it.

That's why I brought it up, it works every time.

Someone calling a game with a metascore of 87 "laughably bad" can't be taken serious. This is kindergarten talk. Doom³ was glaring success.

RoE was not a DLC. It was physical expansion - on CD-ROM.

It's pretty clear, that the guys talking crap about Doom³ all learned about the Doom franchise for the first time, when the shoddy re-masters appeared on digital download stores in preparation for DOOM (2016) and millennial reviewers failed at playing it. Pretending to be long-term fans for retro points, but actually hating it.

That's why I brought it up, it works every time.
    You can't really rationalize your flawed logic, and blind guesses about who is who. Somehow expecting your opinion to become valid, by simply making a futile attempt at derailing this into personal narration. You brought metacritic into this for goodness sake. This discredits anything you have to say on the matter.

Originally Posted by Caramel Clown View Post (Source)
    You can't really rationalize your flawed logic, and blind guesses about who is who. Somehow expecting your opinion to become valid, by simply making a futile attempt at derailing this into personal narration. You brought metacritic into this for goodness sake. This discredits anything you have to say on the matter.
    Guy tries to troll thread hard, gets ignored . I notice he fails to quote the part of my post where I described how I earnt money, working for a software developer, using the tools that were later updated and used to develop Doom3. Very likely from jealousy. I was making Doom wads probably before he was born. Bless.

Originally Posted by SpacialKatana View Post (Source)
    I have a soft spot for the Quake/Doom engine, having previously worked for Activision, on Star Trek : Elite Force.
    Holy Macaroni! That's one of my all-time favourites! Still have the CDs at home (game and expansion). The introduction, amongst other things, is a thing of beauty. Absolutely fantastic game, one of the best single-player shooters ever. And that Virtual Voyager mode in the expansion was what plenty had tried to do with the various Doom editors, but no WAD ever approached that level, obviously.

If they remake Quakeworld I'll return to the PvP action with my decidedly average skills.

Game looks cool though, hilariously over the top, but cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12