Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 52555657

Thread: What are you up to?

Originally Posted by Tyres O'Flaherty View Post (Source)
    Well, it wasn't that extraordinary but I didn't want to splurge a spoiler for those yet to experience the horror, the cold sweat, the worry of a rebuy, the wondering of how in the name of Elvira's girdle am I I going to get out of this...

Ok, now I've overown it. It was my first and only hyperdiction
    The last time I got hyperdicted was back in the 19xxs.

Well, it wasn't that extraordinary but I didn't want to splurge a spoiler for those yet to experience the horror, the cold sweat, the worry of a rebuy, the wondering of how in the name of Elvira's girdle am I I going to get out of this...

Ok, now I've overown it. It was my first and only hyperdiction
    Yeah. My I remember my first hyperdiction. It is... quite an experience.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Yeah. My I remember my first hyperdiction. It is... quite an experience.
    I feel that they have dialled-back on the LFE audio though - my last one didn't shake the apartment at all.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    I feel that they have dialled-back on the LFE audio though - my last one didn't shake the apartment at all.
    Perhaps it's time to add that second sub and some upfiring Atmos 'speakers - unless you have the ceiling room in which case they'll downfire

A question, CMDRs: my Krait now has a G3 (engine focused) 7D PD. I had the mats so just grabbed that and stripped it down for the experimental. Given I'm unlikely to do combat in this ship (I'm working my Vulture up to that and this Krait is completely unarmed), I can't justify laying out the 8m for the 7A version. Or can I? Would you just go for G5-ing the 7D or grab the 7A and G5 that instead?

Perhaps it's time to add that second sub and some upfiring Atmos 'speakers - unless you have the ceiling room in which case they'll downfire

A question, CMDRs: my Krait now has a G3 (engine focused) 7D PD. I had the mats so just grabbed that and stripped it down for the experimental. Given I'm unlikely to do combat in this ship (I'm working my Vulture up to that and this Krait is completely unarmed), I can't justify laying out the 8m for the 7A version. Or can I? Would you just go for G5-ing the 7D or grab the 7A and G5 that instead?
    If you're not using weapons, 7A PD is total overkill and unnecessary weight to drag around. The only thing you need of PD in an exploration/trading ship is to be able to support boost and recharge the ENG capacitor reasonably quickly. And that can be done with engineering. You could easily use 6D or even 5D distributor and be completely fine while gaining extra lightyear or two of jump range.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 52555657