Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does ED feel sooooooo slow...

There are good trailers which show the new features of the expansion in game, for example any Path of exile trailer. And there are really bad trailers like the ones in Elite Dangerous which show a complete different game.

The problem is FD lost a lot of credibility with fake advertising.

Originally Posted by Ignition View Post (Source)
    It doesnt' feel..., Elite IS slow.
    Elite Dangerous trailers are only to sell more.

An honest trailer would show 10 minutes of supercruise doing absolutly NOTHING but flying straight without any imput, shooting a rock to mine pressing 1 button, "exploring" pressing a button to honk...

Lets say the gameplay is not good at all. So they need to lie about the game.
    Why is it a problem to just fly your ship? That's what this game is supposed to be, a spaceflight simulator. I think you bought the wrong game.

Instead of people realizing the game isn't for them, they put the game down instead of picking up NMS or whatever else might interest them. Don't understand it.

I enjoy the game as it is designed, of course I wish it continues to improve, but I like the way the game is made. It appeals to me because I want to feel like I'm piloting a ship in space, and Elite aces that. Of course there is lots of travel from A to B, you're flying in space. What do you expect them to do, add a tic tac toe module while you're in supercruise? Go play something else .

And before someone says, "well wait for everyone to leave and then you can be stuck playing by yourself on dead servers" - Actually the game has maintained a relatively steady population. Meaning, the game just isn't for you.

Also, is the Battle for Azeroth trailer Blizzard released indicative of World of Warcraft gameplay? Do you think FDEV is the only company that makes elaborate cinematic trailers? Sick of people coming here to crap on the game instead of finding a game they enjoy and leaving it at rest. I can't stand Fortnite and all those kind of games but I don't spend time mocking the game on their forums.

Originally Posted by Ignition View Post (Source)
    There are good trailers which show the new features of the expansion in game, for example any Path of exile trailer. And there are really bad trailers like the ones in Elite Dangerous which show a complete different game.

The problem is FD lost a lot of credibility with fake advertising.
    Nah, it's the people baffled by advertising who lack credibility.

OP. I try never to believe marketing B.S. from any company; their intention is to make as much cash as possible and they will pull whatever strings they can to get you hyped/buy their product.

Don't get me wrong, I think Elite is a great game and I've sunk over 2000 hours into it, but does it live up to the trailer? Depends on your expectations after watching it.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    I like engineering, but then I don't grind at it.
    Elite: Dangerous. The less you play it the more you'll like it!

ED isn't Candy Crush. Simples

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Lies. Speeding is a crime.
    Only if you touch someone.

Originally Posted by Kaocraft View Post (Source)
    Elite: Dangerous. The less you play it the more you'll like it!
    I play it a lot, I just don't work at it. Probably why I enjoy it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123