Thread: Recalling ship at a Guardian site?

Recalling ship at a Guardian site?

Hi folks.

I thought I'd take a fly out and have a look round my first guardian site, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, but shooting stuff is always fun.

Unfortunately I landed at a spot where it was really difficult to get the SRV out, so I dismissed the ship, now I don't have the option to call it back again. Is this normal?

No.
    Are you sure she made it out safely? (wasn't she destroyed while leaving?

It which case you'd be screwed.
    Otherwise just try to log out, back in and move to some more suitable landing area.

But by and large, the ship recall should ALWAYS be available.

The recall option should show how far from the settlement you are - I think you have to be 2km for recall to activate but I might have that wrong. (I thought you got a message to "leave settlement" but, as I say it is a while since I did stuff needing this.)

As a general point (I know nothing of Guardian stuff), if your ship can't land where you can get at it - because of hills or valleys or whatever - and you've tried everything, you can always exit the game and boot without horizons. You should respawn in orbit with no harm done (and you can then go back to horizons).

Yeah, realised that the big red warning message saying leave the site - right where the recall usually is - mean I needed to leave the site in order to recall. Makes sense when the penny drops!!

In my defence I am very tired today and this site is doing my nut!!

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    The recall option should show how far from the settlement you are - I think you have to be 2km for recall to activate but I might have that wrong. (I thought you got a message to "leave settlement" but, as I say it is a while since I did stuff needing this.)

I think that's right.
    t happened to me the other day.
    The option in the slot to recall the vessel was replaced by a message in red saying Leave settlement.

I'm not sure about the 2 km bit - I think it was further than that for me.
    Perhaps it varies from place to place?

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    Para is correct with the fact that you have to leave ship around so it doesn't take off or as said you have to clear your proximity from the site kind of like the mass lock from a station.
    All this being said there is a small chance that sometimes the regen when recalling your ship CAN NOT find a place to land, which has happened a few time due to recalling my Cutter, a very large ship, as it is much easier to recall a ASP or something smaller.
    I hope this helps you Tclancey.
    See ya in the black Commander... o7