Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Park going to rat !

  1. #1

    Park going to rat !

    Guys

    Why all of a sudden, after my park has been happy and stable for multiple cycles, that all of sudden, dino's are low health, starving, thirsty and dying off. Nothing has changed in any enclosure. Food, water forest and grass are all stable and populations and groups are well balanced. I say cycle as each enclosure has been restocked when old animals die at least twice if not three times now. But suddenly BANG out of nowhere its going to pot.

    I am trying adding more food, but that isnt the answer, and im never slow on re-stocking.

    Anyone else had this happen?

    I cant do any more for them but these seams to be a hidden plague spreading.

    And it only gets worse, because groups and populations are being thrown out of balance faster than I can keep up.

    Help appreciated

  2. #2
    Not sure what to suggest really.

    Possible it's a bug but Have you changed any DNA? Installed any monorail overhead that might be disturbing them?

    Also - not sure if it happens or not - but do storms uproot trees? (Maybe check your forest levels haven't changed)

    Might be an idea to sell some difficult animals and build up again but is also very easy to overpopulate when renewing, as of course, if you go just one dino over that can throw things right out?

  3. #3
    Yeah, it does seem like it might be a bugged out disease that doesn't show.

  4. #4
    Can monorails disturb them?

    Come to think I did move a rail, not far, I have one through the middle of most enclosures.

  5. #5
    Dinos can get stuck in a panicked state where they don't eat/drink and then they die. idk it's just a bug.

    Only solution i have is if you see a low health, starving, parched dino (with absolutely no reason to be) just tranq em and move them to a different part of the enclosure and they should snap out of it

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by cometcruiser View Post (Source)
    Can monorails disturb them?
    I don't know for sure but sounds like it's something you could look at. Maybe move feeders and water sources?

  7. #7
    Well..

    Eventually things started to return to normal.

    I was confused because the same dinos (well newer clones) had been in the same enclosure, with the same populations for two or three death cycles.

    Maybe I just got rolled some really panicky dinos that time.

    Since the black death, I re-stocked, everyone appears happy again. Other than the Raptors that the T-Rex constantly worry to death. She wont let them eat or drink and chases them round.


    This makes me think that each clone gets hidden variables. Will it be calm, or aggressive. Worried or anxious.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by cometcruiser View Post (Source)
    This makes me think that each clone gets hidden variables. Will it be calm, or aggressive. Worried or anxious.
    If that's the case then that's, not only pretty cool (well I like it anyway), it's going to be a pattern that only emerges with quite a lot of experience with the animals. So you hatch the occasional problem child ... you can't say it's unrealistic!

    Please let it be true, though I think it would be good if Frontier would let us know if it's the case; Not how they vary of course but that they 'might'? I've never seen it mentioned but it can look like a bug can't it.

    I've not tried Raptors with a T-Rex. Dienonychus I have but - other than their social - maybe a bit less flighty as a species? I do know Raptors hated Baryonyx and got into a horrible panic state with her.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Cooja View Post (Source)
    Dinos can get stuck in a panicked state where they don't eat/drink and then they die. idk it's just a bug.

    Only solution i have is if you see a low health, starving, parched dino (with absolutely no reason to be) just tranq em and move them to a different part of the enclosure and they should snap out of it
    Mine aren't even in a panicked state. I just had a diplodocus wandering around the enclosure in the 'thirsty" state. I moved it to the other end and it didn't change. The only thing I can think of is it's either a bug, or they aren't as okay with carnivores as you'd think. I had a large carnivore in there with them, I might move them and see what happens.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Raleighwheels View Post (Source)
    Mine aren't even in a panicked state. I just had a diplodocus wandering around the enclosure in the 'thirsty" state. I moved it to the other end and it didn't change. The only thing I can think of is it's either a bug, or they aren't as okay with carnivores as you'd think. I had a large carnivore in there with them, I might move them and see what happens.
    “Ok with carnivores” means carnos don’t attack and eat them, they still menace them, especially near carno’s food/water.

    Multiple ponds, and placing herb and carno feeders on opposite sides of the enclosure should minimize the issue: this isn’t a cure, but it should work itself out enough so it won’t need your intervention.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Aramus418 View Post (Source)
    “Ok with carnivores” means carnos don’t attack and eat them, they still menace them, especially near carno’s food/water.

    Multiple ponds, and placing herb and carno feeders on opposite sides of the enclosure should minimize the issue: this isn’t a cure, but it should work itself out enough so it won’t need your intervention.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that one out. It was getting annoying trying to figure it out. I had a herd of diplodocus, and it was always just one that seemed to refuse to eat or drink. I usually just sold it if moving it didn't help.