Thread: Trailblazing

Trailblazing

It has a rough week in the system I currently call my home. There has been civil war for a while, and recently outbreak as well. It was a good opportunity to park the Dolphin I had been using to evacuate people rich enough to get out of the system, and change my T-10 from a mining build to a cargo hauler. Basic medicines are in high demand, and with a cheap manufacturer just two hops away, I can happily do my part and get paid in the process. Win-win for everybody.

Of course, the leading faction had to make things interesting. They just wanted some combat stabilisers. Did not say what for, and I sure did not ask as the money was good. Wing mission, said the description, but would only take a few runs with the 456 t capacity T10.

Okay, so combat stabilisers are illegal there. Fine. Getting a T10 through the mail slot at speed is fun anyway. But it would have been nice if the High Tech system making the stabilisers would make more than 40 - 200 at a time... I found myself smuggling combat stabilisers in among my usual load of basic medicines.

It was great fun! The thrill of not getting caught somewhat coloured by the pang of guilt I felt every time I heard the "an ally like you is always welcome here". Helping the relief effort with medicines, yet also helping keep the conflict going by supplying combat stabilisers. All in the name of profit, so much to be made from war...

Thanks for the background simulation, FD. So much emergent content coming from it. We have to use our own imaginations to narrate it, but I will take that any day over being spoon-fed "moral choices".

S

Yeah, it allows you to be really morally dubious, providing personal weapons and reactive armor to both sides of a civil war. And not only getting paid by the factions, they also both start to think of you as an ally. If only they knew.

Nice little story from game, I play game for these moments. Even morally dubious

You sound like my kind of merchant. Iv heard the T10 runs cool and is good at smuggling. Has this been true for you?

Originally Posted by Sysmon View Post (Source)
    It has a rough week in the system I currently call my home. There has been civil war for a while, and recently outbreak as well. It was a good opportunity to park the Dolphin I had been using to evacuate people rich enough to get out of the system, and change my T-10 from a mining build to a cargo hauler. Basic medicines are in high demand, and with a cheap manufacturer just two hops away, I can happily do my part and get paid in the process. Win-win for everybody.

Of course, the leading faction had to make things interesting. They just wanted some combat stabilisers. Did not say what for, and I sure did not ask as the money was good. Wing mission, said the description, but would only take a few runs with the 456 t capacity T10.

Okay, so combat stabilisers are illegal there. Fine. Getting a T10 through the mail slot at speed is fun anyway. But it would have been nice if the High Tech system making the stabilisers would make more than 40 - 200 at a time... I found myself smuggling combat stabilisers in among my usual load of basic medicines.

It was great fun! The thrill of not getting caught somewhat coloured by the pang of guilt I felt every time I heard the "an ally like you is always welcome here". Helping the relief effort with medicines, yet also helping keep the conflict going by supplying combat stabilisers. All in the name of profit, so much to made from war...

Thanks for the background simulation, FD. So much emergent content coming from it. We have to use our own imaginations to narrate it, but I will take that any day over being spoon-fed "moral choices".

S
    That was a good little read, that reminds me the game isn't dead after all

Originally Posted by Trollymctrollerson View Post (Source)
    You sound like my kind of merchant. Iv heard the T10 runs cool and is good at smuggling. Has this been true for you?
    Yep, you can get it to be relatively cool-running. And it can defend itself. It handles pretty well too with a bit of engineering, so boosting through the mail slot can be done - and you might even be able to stop before you hit the opposite wall.

Glory moments include having an NPC Sidewinder splat against the windscreen on the way in. I had been burning hard to get to the mailslot, while also braking hard to hit 100 before I went completely through the toaster rack. The Sidewinder tried desperately to turn before bouncing off my shield. I wish I had been filming that moment...

S