Thread: Human commanders in PS4?

Human commanders in PS4?

Hello the community
    I recently acquired this game on PS4 and really like it. After few surprises I'm now able to deal with my commander life, and just get rid of the Sidewinder for a Cobra MK3. Ready to engage to new adventures!
    However, I don't really know where to go, and more precisely where to go to meet human players? Are there some more popular systems than other to encounter some of you? So far at least after dozen of hours of playing the game, I never met a non bot ship.
    First of all. .. is there anyone out there playing it on PS4....?
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Zyrocco View Post (Source)
    Hello the community
    I recently acquired this game on PS4 and really like it. After few surprises I'm now able to deal with my commander life, and just get rid of the Sidewinder for a Cobra MK3. Ready to engage to new adventures!
    However, I don't really know where to go, and more precisely where to go to meet human players? Are there some more popular systems than other to encounter some of you? So far at least after dozen of hours of playing the game, I never met a non bot ship.
    First of all. .. is there anyone out there playing it on PS4....?
    Thanks
    I'm a ps4 player, out in the black right now but heading back to the bubble. I generally encounter other players around community goals or in engineers systems

It's a safe bet that there are at least several thousand players online at any given time. The trouble is... the galaxy is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to a galaxy.

Community Goals, Engineers, Thargoid hotspots, mat farming areas, rank farming areas, Gaurdian ruins.
    Lots of people at CGs, particularly trade and bounty hunting.

It's a huge galaxy...

CGs are the busiest, but also the most likely place to get shot at.
    Mt Cmdr name is Bob_Lighthouse, send me a friend request if you want to meet up for wing missions, friendly duels etc.
    I still have my Cobra so we can meet on equal terms for pvp.
    My rank give me access to better paying missions, so if you even just want to make some quick cash lmk.

o7

Also, maybe a mod could move this to the PS4 subforum?
    Seems like a more appropriate place.

I'm on PC but thought I'd join you. However, I cannot locate the PS4 star system.

Meeting others is nice. But do have the credits for a rebuy.

For PvE only without worrying about being shot by other CMDRs there's also the Mobius PvE group.

https://elitepve.com/page/join#

If you join just now you will be added to the newer group #2 which had to be created after the original group was full due to the size limit of the PS4 friend list, so you won't see "older" players like me there.

Thank you

Hello All
    Thank you so much for all your answers. Very appreciated!
    First of all apologies for posting in the wrong section, I did not notice there were a sub-topic related to ps4. Moderator, please feel free to move it then.
    Community goals, engineers systems, farming areas, Gaurdian ruins...OMG I still need to ramp up in this game as I have no idea what all are about lol. What does PvE means?
    Bob_lighthouse thank you for your invite, I will definitely accept once I got back in the game. At the moment I'm fully off as being on vacation with my family (got 2 kids...yeah I'm old...used to play Elite on my Commodore64....then Frontier on my 486 DX2...). I understand there is some kind of coop playing with copilots taking control of turrets, I liked to do it one day.
    Another (last) question: is there any populated planet with atmosphere with cities or such that would have been designed and can be visited? (Coruscent style, for Star Wars fans) I guess no but that would be awesome (just for the pleasure of flying across it)
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    CGs are the busiest, but also the most likely place to get shot at.
    Mt Cmdr name is Bob_Lighthouse, send me a friend request if you want to meet up for wing missions, friendly duels etc.
    I still have my Cobra so we can meet on equal terms for pvp.
    My rank give me access to better paying missions, so if you even just want to make some quick cash
    Hello. ..i have a simple question ...
    How do you add commanders as contacts? I can see the menu Find groups. . But cannot locate the Find commander menu. ...
    Or shall I use the ps4 add friend menu?
    Thank you

Originally Posted by Zyrocco View Post (Source)
    Hello. ..i have a simple question ...
    How do you add commanders as contacts? I can see the menu Find groups. . But cannot locate the Find commander menu. ...
    Or shall I use the ps4 add friend menu?
    Thank you
    AFAIK only the PS4 friends list is used. If you use the in-game interface to befriend another commander you just met, it just redirects you to the PS4's friend request function.

Edit: Although the number of players on PS4 isn't nearly as high as on PC, you can still encounter dozens of commanders in the same system in Open if there's an interesting CG going on, especially on weekends.

Yes, that is my understanding as well.

Space is really really big. Unless you're cruising around the community goals, engineers and main stations you won't see many actual cmdrs. This is a good thing for you at this stage of the game as it keeps you away from troublesome nasty people that have their fun blowing up easy targets.
    If you add me as a friend (with message) "Autoculto" I will show you the ropes. You could always join the group I'm in "mercs of mikkun" to give you some extra security and support. We look after each other and have a good laugh at the same time. We are one of the best groups to be with and opportunities are plentiful.
    Drop me a request for more information

Buy a Dolphin and do passenger missions, seems to attract plenty of human players in their Clippers trying for easy kills whenever I play in open on the PS4.