Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10131415

Thread: I logged.

Originally Posted by Noctover View Post (Source)
    Its such beautiful irony. The anti PVP crowd (of which there are many) always condemn all PVPers EXCEPT the "real pirates"; and yet the PVP crowd most affected by the ridiculous 15 second timer and the new C&P system are........the pirates.
    I've not encountered the new C&P system as I've not even play in approaching a year. But it sounds like a contrived ineffective mess.

I'm certain there's easier mechanics (hot ships? hot modules? really?) to penalise unwanted illegal/pointless destruction sensibly, while more importantly the game actually offering and orchestrating meaningful PvP for a purpose/outcome. But it seems FD (& a significant proportion of the user base) are just happy to continue on bumbling away trying to make the most out of 3-4yr old shallow placed holder gameplay mechanics

Originally Posted by Metal Angel View Post (Source)
    I got interdicted today on Xbox in Sol by an Elite CMDR. This was my first experience getting interdicted by a real human and I kind of panicked a little. He probably wasnít even a griefer, after all, I am pledged to AD and Iím in Sol. I didnít catch what he was in as I was too busy panicking, but by the blip movements on my radar it seemed like it was probably fast. What I did notice right away is that he had target lock breaker, which meant my turrets were not going to work at all. I had recently downgraded my Anacondaís defenses for more cargo space as I am grinding ranks for a Corvette, so I wasnít even that well fitted for PVE, much less PVP. On top of target lock breaker, something was causing my thrusters to malfunction. Not sure which special effect this is, but my shields were still up so it was working through my shields. He wasnít taking my shields down fast, but with malfunctioning thrusters and no target lock against a faster ship, I could quickly see that I was a rock, and he was paper. It didnít matter if it took him a while to whittle down my shields, I was going to be lucky to get one shot on him. So I low waked and then as soon as I hit supercuise, I logged. I donít feel good about it, and if I hadnít been on a mission to grind ranks, Iíd like to think I would have stuck around just to learn from the fight.

It got me to thinking though... some of those special effects really are brutal. I honestly donít know what I could have done to counter his attack. It really felt like a game of Rock Paper Scissors where I told my opponent ahead of time that I was going to throw rock.

I donít know... was this bad? Should I have stuck around for him to kill me? I always figured the first time I got interdicted I was going to get smoked, I just didnít think it would be in a situation where I couldnít even maneuver or return fire.
    If you are not an insanely good PvP player or being attacked by an insanely bad PvP player, you really stand no chance against a fully modded PvP combat ship in a non-modded ship. It's often just a matter of a few seconds. I personally don't like that because it makes the whole ganking thing much too easy and unavoidable once interdicted.

Originally Posted by M4st0d0n View Post (Source)
    Real pirates always have NPCs to pirate. Articulating the entirety of your gameplay around pvp in Elite is just stupid. That's like roleplaying a telemarketer when there is so many way to refuse a phone call.
    I mean if you find NPC piracy even mildy interesting or challenging, thats fine.
    PVP Pirates are superior level skilled players and hold themselves to a higher standard of gameplay.

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing

Originally Posted by Powderpanic View Post (Source)
    I mean if you find NPC piracy even mildy interesting or challenging, thats fine.
    PVP Pirates are superior level skilled players and hold themselves to a higher standard of gameplay.

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing
    They are so superior most of them already left the game. Sorry got to go too, bye.

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing
    You know Powderpanic, one day I'd really enjoy a friendly enjoyable competition of skill

They are so superior most of them already left the game. Sorry got to go too, bye.
    LOL! That's me (well, I wouldn't say I was skillful or superior )... I gave up due to the lack of progress in the game content, and also how unbalanced some of it was needlessly made

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    You know Powderpanic, one day I'd really enjoy a friendly enjoyable competition of skill
    Would you need my full network details, so you can turn your cheats off and allow us to instance first?

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing

Wouldn't worry about it, FDevs enforcement of its own rules are pretty comical.

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    LOL! That's me (well, I wouldn't say I was skillful or superior )... I gave up due to the lack of progress in the game content, and also how unbalanced some of it was needlessly made
    My pirate friend gave up too, as his whole clan. But he's still lurking, just like you. He even bought a voice pack when the Krait came out. It's pretty normal, we all spent a crazy amount of time on this.

I blame slow development on FDev's growing. Now that they seemed to have properly set and can aspire to be the big studio they're turning, we'll see how it goes. Calmly, not excited. Braben can't Molyneux properly anyway.

Would you need my full network details, so you can turn your cheats off and allow us to instance first?

Powerpanic
    The Voice of Griefing
    No - I've already got those

Switching to wifi will not help you at all

I still pirate players. To be fair it's not hard at all, small amount of communication, and an FSD disrupt rocket. I even use a courier as it makes the chase more fun. :3

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10131415