Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, I'm new. I may need guidance!

I'm probably not going to say anything new, but I'll add my $0.02

Never fly without rebuy. Leave your new ship docked and use your Sidewinder if need be.
    Do the tutorials and get comfortable before jumping into the game.
    Open isn't terrible, you don't have people waiting to ruin your day... often, but fly solo until you're comfortable just in case.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions in this subforum. Most everyone here hasn't forgotten what it was like to say "where the key for landing gear?"
    Google is your friend for the rest, many of the results will be forum posts here.
    Don't fly without rebuy.
    Have fun doing what you like. Especially if it's not at the expense of others.

Originally Posted by Tyres O'Flaherty View Post (Source)
    Eeek!

Only one of my ships has a scoop. All my ships have docking computers.

Now two of my ships have planetary bobble heads.

Shamefull behaviour move those crash generators out of your field of the view immediately, I would also suggest removing the DC and adding a (big) scoop to your explorer.

Are the planets still spinning the wrong way?

All of the above. I would just add regarding the tutorials - don't get too frustrated if you can't finish the advanced combat. Nobody can.
    (Well, we do, but certainly not in our first hundred hours.)

And also (goes without saying) that if you have any specific question, don't be afraid to ask.
    It's hard to give general advisory (unless you want to write a novel) but specific questions we can do just fine.

Oh and one more thing, because everybody always forgets - THERE IS A MANUAL!
    I know, I know.
    (it's in the top right corner of the launcher, or here: https://d1wv0x2frmpnh.cloudfront.net...ide-Latest.pdf )

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    Venus isn't.

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    Venus isn't.
    Venus is an odd ball.

Originally Posted by Globusdiablo View Post (Source)
    ..............Never fly without fuel scoop
    ...........Never buy a docking computer
    1. Waste a slot only when you have to. I only fit a scoop when it is actually necessary.

2. Unless you are a lazy devil or do a lot of travel to planetary bases - (saves a lot of mucking-about then).

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Venus is an odd ball.
    No she is just contrary, that Uranus guy is the odd-ball.

(sorry OP, we get silly from time to time.)

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    Shamefull behaviour move those crash generators out of your field of the view immediately, I would also suggest removing the DC and adding a (big) scoop to your explorer.

I've only got them on the far right and left of the dash so they're not too intrusive. I got bored writing swear words with my alphabet bobbes.

My AspX has a 6B scoop - the 6A was just too expensive.

As for the DC, I know but, well, I'm lazy

Originally Posted by Tyres O'Flaherty View Post (Source)
    I've only got them on the far right and left of the dash so they're not too intrusive. I got bored writing swear words with my alphabet bobbes.

My AspX has a 6B scoop - the 6A was just too expensive.

As for the DC, I know but, well, I'm lazy
    I had one for a month. I found that it was helpful to understand the process of docking because I didn't practice enough in the tutorial. It's not expensive, either.

And Welcome on the forums ! Cmdr

Fly safe

I made a quick start guide if that's what you want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlg8qZqpvGY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12