Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GUARDIAN SENTINEL WRECKAGE COMPONENTS Need to be fixed...?

Originally Posted by lesscode View Post (Source)
    Hmmm. I hadn't really been paying attention, but I just finished 26 out of the 28 logs for the Ram Tah 2 mission so I have data on this. I tried to collect everything at every site, including all sentinel parts. Starting from zero, of course. Here's what I ended up with:

Power Cell 300
    Power Conduit 219
    Technology Component 198
    Sentinel Weapon Parts 105
    Sentinel Wreckage Components 66

Does seem very low for a G1 part.
    my friend, I could send you a picture of my ratio. ALL other Guardian materials full and 89 SWC just from sentinels alone!

Originally Posted by Kzak View Post (Source)
    How many Sentinels have you killed with no drop of Sentinel Wreckage Components?
    I was getting them drop at least 50% of the time.

My ratio, noting i've unlocked everything except turreted variants of guardian weapons:
    121 Power Cell
    70 Power Conduit
    171 Sentinel Weapon Parts
    0 Sentinel Wreckage Components
    21 Technology Components.

So..... yeah...

Originally Posted by Jmanis View Post (Source)
    My ratio, noting i've unlocked everything except turreted variants of guardian weapons:
    121 Power Cell
    70 Power Conduit
    171 Sentinel Weapon Parts
    0 Sentinel Wreckage Components
    21 Technology Components.

So..... yeah...
    All mine are maxed out except for Sentinel Wreckage Components, I only managed to get 53/300. They hardly ever drop for me.

I agree, the RNG is slightly off. I managed to complete sourcing sufficient blueprints to unlock all of the guardian tech and was still short of wreckage components. It wasn't by much, but it was still a bit short of wreckage components. Just meant an extra couple of days of grinding the site(s) to get to the needed numbers.

minor grumble at most though. Lots of bigger issues need fixing before this is at the top of the pile.

Interesting numbers you people post here. I recently also went out and unlocked guardian equipment. For me the slowest part was the pattern epsilon. I had to reset the sites several times, just going around and scanning the obelisks again and again.
    Killing the sentries while doing that left me with a good surplus of wreckage components. So I guess we're again looking at one of the ugly faces of the randomizer here. You were unlucky on the wreckage components, while I was unlucky on the pattern epsilon.

the bad thing about the sentinel wreckage parts is - they are part of the BASIC synthesis for some of the guardian weapons.
    with their abysmal droprate, its currently cheaper to refill the shards with the premium ammo.

Checked 3 times, always HD 63154 B3a gave 2-3 times more SWCs then other sites,
    Especially those 3 at the center and to the right side of the map (after you activate 2 pillars at the machine).
    Conspiracy theory - activate machine pillars before waking up (driving over) sentinels.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-B3a-(updated).

GL HF(lol)

Originally Posted by BDelacroix View Post (Source)
    While I agree the "common" material is way too uncommon, they do drop. It should either be changed to say it is rare or be fixed so it isn't.
    The words "common", "rare" etc. that one might normally presume refer in some way to relative abundance or availability - they do not in the case of Elite Dangerous or the materials.

Originally Posted by ExoForce View Post (Source)
    Checked 3 times, always HD 63154 B3a gave 2-3 times more SWCs then other sites,
    Especially those 3 at the center and to the right side of the map (after you activate 2 pillars at the machine).
    Conspiracy theory - activate machine pillars before waking up (driving over) sentinels.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-B3a-(updated).

GL HF(lol)
    Thanks. I'll give this site a visit to see if it improves my SWC drops.

Dont forget. They expire in cca 90 seconds. Shoot, target, collect, ignore other sentinels. If under fire, hold brakes.

I would say about 25% of the Sentinels I destoyed yielded GSWC.

As soon as I am done with Palin (not that one) I am going back to HD 63154. Will need more for Guardians SLFs, I guess.

Anyone notice that in 3.2, it's no longer "Guardian Sentinel Wreckage Components", and just "Guardian Wreckage Components"? This says to me we can get them elsewhere... maybe...

I've been getting more of the weapon parts than before the update. Filled up pretty quick at the new guardian ruin things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast