Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: Cg griefer

Originally Posted by Darksnow47 View Post (Source)
    Just log out in 15sec and block the guy.
    Just don’t play in open. Also blocking will do nothing for you on ps4. Plus, the PvP community talks and anyone that logs tend to have their name spread around so you’ll never be truly safe

Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Also blocking will do nothing for you on ps4.
    Blocking has been very effective for me on PS4.

Blocking someone doesn't prevent the game from allowing the block person to matchmake with you. All blocking does is to prevent messages from the blocked person.

Originally Posted by Spoil-t View Post (Source)
    Blocking someone doesn't prevent the game from allowing the block person to matchmake with you. All blocking does is to prevent messages from the blocked person.
    I don't think that is accurate.

Originally Posted by Ethaidan View Post (Source)
    I don't think that is accurate.
    Well it is. Same concept of using Offline mode. ED still shows you're online in game since FDev basically ported this game straight over with no other PS4 functionality.

Well it is. Same concept of using Offline mode. ED still shows you're online in game since FDev basically ported this game straight over with no other PS4 functionality.
    Well I can see we're not going to get anywhere with this unless FDev wade in.

Open is open. This is why I play this mode only. Even though I have a considerable bounty on my head, it makes it that much more fun when I encounter people (someone already attempted to claim, but was unsuccessful) in systems.

There will always be those whom wish to fight everyone. Eventually their luck runs out. I have a small list of names to look out for when flying around. If I encounter them and they start moving towards me, I let'em get real close before opening up on them. Usually surprises (and damages) them enough they decide not to bother.

A few others, all it does is seem to anger them and friends show up. Thank goodness for High Waking...

Gary

Playing in open is accepting the social contract that anyone may kill you at any time.
    Playing in open with the express plan of breaking that social contract any time it comes up, is simple passive-aggressiveness.

I suggest the "high road" is to play in solo or PG instead.
    If you play in open, please do so with integrity.

Well it is.
    If blocking works the same way it does on PC, then blocking has a significant weight against instancing. It's not insurmountable, but barring other factors with higher weight (friends or wings), it's highly unlikely for someone to be placed in the same instance as someone they've blocked.

Blocking was always intended to work this way and while there was a period of time, long ago, where it was not, it's been working more or less as intended for some time...and yes, this has been tested (on PC).

Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Just don’t play in open. Also blocking will do nothing for you on ps4. Plus, the PvP community talks and anyone that logs tend to have their name spread around so you’ll never be truly safe
    You sound like a bad actor from a B movie. I will never be truly save... uhhh don't mess with pirates in Elite. They will find you even on the other end of milky way.

Also if you pvp guys have a community why not just make a circle with your buddies and pew pew your self

You sound like a bad actor from a B movie. I will never be truly save... uhhh don't mess with pirates in Elite. They will find you even on the other end of milky way.

Also if you pvp guys have a community why not just make a circle with your buddies and pew pew your self
    It's called "open" and anyone can play there.
    That is how the devs designed it.

If you don't like open and the social contract it entails then you shouldn't play there.
    I like it just fine, and it's the most popular mode as it stands.

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    If you play in open, please do so with integrity.
    Ah well, that's the thing isn't it Bob. If everyone played with integrity in open, then there wouldn't have arisen the need for a block option would there?

What do you think we do while waiting for fresh meat?

Originally Posted by CMDR labrunning View Post (Source)
    Ah well, that's the thing isn't it Bob. If everyone played with integrity in open, then there wouldn't have arisen the need for a block option would there?

My suggestion is a general one.
    It cuts both ways, sure.
    But it seems clear that many people have expectations that are very different than what the devs have explicitly stated should be the case in open.
    Namely, it's perfectly fine for people to blow you up for no apparent reason at all.

Now if they are stalking you all over the bubble?
    Sure, that seems like harassment.

Killing everyone in sight participating in a CG?
    That should be expected from some.
    There are numerous in character reasons one might do such a thing, so perhaps it's best to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    Failing that, one is probably better off playing in solo or group.

Ftr, I made top 10% in the last CG I participated in flying only in open, and I took on every CMDR fight I could.
    That was using PAs too, so I had to reload often.

Kill faster Cmdrs!

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    But it seems clear that many people have expectations that are very different than what the devs have explicitly stated should be the case in open.
    Namely, it's perfectly fine for people to blow you up for no apparent reason at all.
    Oh absolutely. But those very same devs also explicitly added a block player feature. In which you don't have to add any apparent reason at all as to why you are blocking a player.

I wouldn't argue that using the small print in the "social contract" is taking the high ground, but there are many ways to be devious.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast