Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Do you still have faith in Frontier putting the time in for fixing long lasting bugs?

Ive found a new one, FDev are aware but....

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ing-too-rarely

Its really so unnecessary. When even the grind is broken.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    This is what Elite Dangerous looks like today on my PS4 Slim, post-update:

No, it's not my PS4. I have over a dozen high-quality games that look absolutely amazing. ED is the only game that looks like this. I'm not even going to bother opening yet another bug report, because it's just a waste of time.

I came back to check out ED after the 3.2 update, and I stuck around to experience the jump into the Cone Section, and both were huge disappointments, so I'm out again. I hear there's this amazing Spiderman game (see what I did there?) that actually wants me to throw money at it
    Wow Ducky that's awful lol. Don't mean to laugh at you but laughing at the lack of care from Frontier. How can they not see this is simply an awful experience for someone playing their game. How can Q&A people playing this on a PS4 Slim not see this. They must not own a PS4 slim. The thought of buying one from their micro store cash grab income. They must be shivering at the thought. Man I hate to be negative really, but unfortunately it's the only way to get something voiced when you have company's hiding in their ivory towers and not willing to listen to their player base regarding their concerns and act on them. It also further feeds the negativity.

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)

Plain and obvious that they are NOT play testing their changes thoroughly. They have no problems using you, me other players as their testers. But when you report their shortcomings you can wait months if not indefinitely for a fix. The only time they do spring into action within a week is if there is a game breaking issue or visual issues that affect all platforms. Any decent company that cares though fixes annoying bugs with periodic bug fix patches. With Frontier you'll just have to wait for their next content update. Even then there's a high probability your reported bug will not be fixed. Like is the case with the messed up shadow flickering you see in Ducky's post. Despicable company, that's all I have to say.

Originally Posted by D3rv1sh View Post (Source)
    Wow Ducky that's awful lol.
    Yes, it really is. As I said in another thread, ED is now the "ugliest and buggiest" game in my entire PS4 library, and that's not hyperbole. I have an entire YouTube channel that has become mostly dedicated to these bugs (which was not my original intent).

I'm going to have to start uploading video clips from my other games, so non-PS4 owners can see just how capable the PS4 actually is!

I've only started the Guardian grind in the last few days and was wondering why they didn't drop very much.

No.
    None whatsoever.
    If the Focused Feedback is going to placate PC players, offer no Beta for console (which we would’ve discovered the SRV crash prior to 3.0 release) and divert dev time to shiny new trinkets, I have to question if we’re next for the Mac chopping block.
    We’re not important. All we get is ‘we’re aware of the bug’.

I'm surprised Lloyd hasn't chimed in on this thread. We're all very cynical, and rightfully so, but it really would mean something to hear from Frontier, even if it's the stereotypical "we're working very hard on this" reply.

Sorry, couldn't resist! All in good humor

Originally Posted by BusterSSNS91 View Post (Source)
    No.
    None whatsoever.
    If the Focused Feedback is going to placate PC players, offer no Beta for console (which we would’ve discovered the SRV crash prior to 3.0 release) and divert dev time to shiny new trinkets, I have to question if we’re next for the Mac chopping block.
    We’re not important. All we get is ‘we’re aware of the bug’.
    Yeh, its gone very quiet on that front with FDev.

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #54
    I'm surprised Lloyd hasn't chimed in on this thread. We're all very cynical, and rightfully so, but it really would mean something to hear from Frontier, even if it's the stereotypical "we're working very hard on this" reply.

Sorry, couldn't resist! All in good humor

At the moment I can only echo what Paul said in his reply to this:

Originally Posted by Paul_Crowther View Post (Source)
    The team are aware of the issue with SRV's and actively investigating but there is no update on a solution just yet.
    I visit the forums as frequently as I can to stay aware of the biggest issues being discussed and/or reported, but unfortunately I don't always have time to reply with details. This doesn't mean I'm ignoring anyone though, so apologies if it feels this way.

Originally Posted by Lloyd Morgan-Moore View Post (Source)
    At the moment I can only echo what Paul said in his reply to this:

I visit the forums as frequently as I can to stay aware of the biggest issues being discussed and/or reported, but unfortunately I don't always have time to reply with details. This doesn't mean I'm ignoring anyone though, so apologies if it feels this way.
    Lloyd, can community help with more data regarding issue? Or FD have enough data and solution / fix is in discussions?

Let us know if we can help!

Not just "long lasting bugs" also bugs that they claim it's intended behaviour when it's impossible to be true because they don't serve any purpose but lying the player and misguide them to the lose of their ships because the UI.

Originally Posted by Lloyd Morgan-Moore View Post (Source)
    As long as you're working on my shadows / shaders (especially in posh ships like my Dolpin, see signature), then it's all cool. Now the SRV thing, you can move that to the back-burner. My bug was first

Hey Stormy, I've never bothered with Guardian tech before, but the FSD booster sure is tempting me. Does this bug affect the process of unlocking the booster? Once unlocked, do I need to gather more materials for each booster I buy / construct, is this a one-time grind?

Hey Stormy, I've never bothered with Guardian tech before, but the FSD booster sure is tempting me. Does this bug affect the process of unlocking the booster? Once unlocked, do I need to gather more materials for each booster I buy / construct, is this a one-time grind?
    No, once it's unlocked that's it. After that you can buy multiple ones from the outfitter.

Originally Posted by ModishNouns View Post (Source)
    No, once it's unlocked that's it. After that you can buy multiple ones from the outfitter.
    Thanks. Does this bug make that initial unlock process harder?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast