Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Surface Bases

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post (Source)
    how was it found with eagle eye? I though it just points to systems about to be attacked.
    Eagle Eye always (recently) gives 6 locations - two are targets, four are various other places Thargoids are looking at. Normally they are already known (like Barnacles, crashed Thargoids, INRA bases, attacked settlements) - but this week there was more interesting stuff like these settlements and The Gnosis

Edit: Comprehensively ninjad

Originally Posted by 6eJIka_u_CTpeJIka View Post (Source)
    And eagle eye was disconnected, didn’t it?
    Discocat & others fixed it

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    And that, Cmdrs, is how we get

A bio-mechanical canister containing biological matter of Thargoid origin. It is unclear what the purpose of the matter contained within is, but it appears that the Thargoids have the ability to break down and reuse biological matter. It has been speculated that they also use this material in the construction on their structures, technology and ships

Maybe that's why they are abducting humans. They are seeing if they can break us down and use the biological matter for their own ships and buildings.

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    It's nice of you to think my few tons of meta-alloy fixed it but I think it was more of a global effort of many independant pilots

Originally Posted by discocat View Post (Source)
    It's nice of you to think my few tons of meta-alloy fixed it but I think it was more of a global effort of many independant pilots
    I gave 100t, is that worth a mention?

Legit that was a mess, 50 relogs to get the MA's!! I wanted to die. wish the SRV could carry more than 2 flippin tons!

Originally Posted by Jaylem View Post (Source)
    I gave 100t, is that worth a mention?

Legit that was a mess, 50 relogs to get the MA's!! I wanted to die. wish the SRV could carry more than 2 flippin tons!
    We need a new type of SRV to carry more.

Fly safe Cmdr's
    o7

Question: were the two settlements attacked by Thargoids for sure? I saw shooting damages there but not the green smear you usually find on attacked stations, ships or Thargoid bases. According to the evidence I am not sure that it was a Thargoid attack. Yes, I found two greenish spots on the ground but they looked different from what we found in other places. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Henoch View Post (Source)
    Question: were the two settlements attacked by Thargoids for sure? I saw shooting damages there but not the green smear you usually find on attacked stations, ships or Thargoid bases. According to the evidence I am not sure that it was a Thargoid attack. Yes, I found two greenish spots on the ground but they looked different from what we found in other places. Any suggestions?
    INRA faking a Thargoid attack?

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Eagle Eye always (recently) gives 6 locations - two are targets, four are various other places Thargoids are looking at. Normally they are already known (like Barnacles, crashed Thargoids, INRA bases, attacked settlements) - but this week there was more interesting stuff like these settlements and The Gnosis

Edit: Comprehensively ninjad

Looking back on this post seems most prophetic

Prophet site has some mild damage to buildings - no forced doors that I can see. Sanctum has heavy building damage and many forced doors - might be something, might be nothing.

Sanctum -

Prophet -

And what's this thing in the middle of the Prophet base ? -

Oh and I think the Fed agent was at Sanctum based on the logs - so maybe the Feds kicked in the doors getting him out - for his sake I hope so -otherwise he's Solyent Green for Thargoids by now I fear.

are the mat drops the same as Davs?

Originally Posted by Lobey View Post (Source)
    And what's this thing in the middle of the Prophet base ? -
    Nice motivation to go to the Prophet to compare it with this:

They've been harvesting escape pods since they first appeared. It's not rocket science.... they're

or

or

or a bit of all three

I was close by and payed both sites a visit. Found a Thargoid ship doing... something.., scanning?? .. picking up the last unfortunate souls?? at both sites. I kept flying around, being in an explorer Asp, and they left after a while...

There i was, alone in the eerie abandoned facility. Green glow everywhere, didn't seem anyone was left alive in there.. Excellent opportunity for some material scavenging!

Analysis of the logs of the two stations "The Sanctum" and "The Prophet" of the sect of the "Far God".

We are now used to the fact that FD provides us - as in a classic "paper chase" - with half the information we need in various ways (BGS, Galnet, etc.) to arouse our interest and lure us somewhere.

For some time now Galnet has been reporting on various Thargoid-hostile and Thargoid-friendly sects, among them the sect of the "Far God". Especially this cult is mentioned again and again and is intensively persecuted by the secret service of the Federation, and sect members are sentenced in court and imprisoned. In the end, FD even launched a GC for the sect, which is at least tolerated by the Alliance.

At the end of August it became known that two remote bases of the sect were found in the ETAIN System, namely "THE SANCTUM" on 4 A and "THE PROPHET" on 4 C.

As some Cmdrs here already reported, the atmosphere there is dark and oppressive and remotely reminiscent of the INRA bases. Thargoids occasionally appear and scan the buildings and containers as well as the present spaceships and SRVs. The stations have obviously been attacked, but it seems to have been conventional weapons, because there are no typical green Thargoid slime tracks. Some of the doors have been broken open. While approaching the The Prophet from afar, you can see a strange greenish glow or hull around the base.

There are no traces of life, but you can scan a total of 9 LOGs on both stations, which have been published several times already.

I have reviewed the logs one by one and come to the following conclusion:

(LOG 1)

Thaddeus McRaith
    First herald 2nd Chapter

He invites others to retreat with him into crypts (stasis chambers) to preserve souls for the arrival of the Far God. Humanity would be killed on arrival, only the sect would survive. The Thargoids are the harbingers of the arrival of the Far God.

---------

(LOG 2)

Vanya Hargrave
    Third Herald 1st Chapter

Survivor of her chapter who longs for death after progroms, trials, and hunger, to be subsequently rewarded by the Far God on a higher plane

--------

(LOG3)

Reuben Delgado
    Pendant of the 7th chapter

Probably a drug abuser of the sect, depressed, disoriented under the influence of injections and with the desire not to get any more injections.

---------

(LOG 4)

Dr. Hester Dolmayne
    First witness of the 6th chapter

Confident, joyful expectant woman. Confirmation of the stasis capsules. Confirmation that Thargoids are living beings that can move freely in space without a spaceship. Assumption of the transformation of humans from rescue capsules into Thargoid forms (and thus new evolutionary stage as "future of mankind").

---------

(LOG 5)

Klona O'Connor
    Pendant of the 5th chapter

Anxious woman who wants to leave now. Confirmation of forthcoming stasis phase. Lived on the street, was lured away from there by monks (with the promise of a better life). Apparently not fully informed about the project ("doesn't understand what is happening").

--------

(LOG 6)

Nash Severin
    Second disciple of the 5th chapter

Obviously anarchically minded man with great anticipation of a massacre of humanity. Wanted to meet the Thargoids since childhood. No interest in hierarchy ("I don't care about the Far God")

--------

(LOG 7)

Corinne de la Torre
    Pendant of the 4th chapter

Hateful woman who tells her relatives, who seem to have traumatized her psychologically, that they will die by the Thargoids.

--------

(LOG 8)

Noah Whiteleaf
    Second witness of the 1.st chapter

Probably a drug abuser of the sect, depressed, disoriented under the influence of injections and with the desire not to get any more injections.

---------

(LOG 9)

Nathan Summers
    Pendant of the 16th chapter
    Federal undercover agent

Confirms that the sect is almost certainly not spying for or communicating with the Thargoids. Confirms that the sect operates remote outposts. Considers them insane and hopes to be pulled out before they put him into stasis.

Previous findings are confirmed
    - that the Thargoids come from hyperspace ("Witchspace") and can move freely through space as living creatures without spaceships (therefore probably also "the death cries" when a Thargoid is shot down)

- that the occupants of the escape pods will be used by the Thargoids for transformation

- that the sect brings/forces its members into stasis capsules, which are then scanned by the Thargoids and probably taken in (so far unobserved).

The undercover federal investigator from LOG 9 does not see any direct contacts of the sect to the Thargoids, which would only confirm the status of a sect for its own purpose and benefit. Here, of course, we have to ask what is meant by "direct contacts". Obviously, the agent is looking for indications of a bidirectional exchange of information or physical contacts between the sect leaders and the Thargoids.

Right now we only see the damaged bases and this enigmatic rotating installation "R-9" inside The Prophet. The damage to the stations that can be observed could actually be attributed to actions to free the agent before the stasis of the cult members begins/began.

Unknown is the function of the obviously still functioning rotating device "R-9" inside The Prophet. Is this a transmitter or beacon to attract Thargoids - and to offer the people in stasis to the Thargoids? How long has this "human smuggling" existed? How old is the sect of the Far God? In LOG 6 someone has been aware of the Thargs since childhood. So it must have existed for at least a few decades.

So slowly a suspicion grows inside of me.
    Are the Thargoids searching for intelligent bio-forms everywhere in space in order to transform them - with their known genetic skills - into Thargoids? That would mean that they regard their species as the ultimate for which there is no acceptable alternative - all must become Thargoids.

This may also be the reason why mankind has not yet been destroyed by the Thargoids, what they could easily have done. They need our biomass.

So far they only have searched purposefully and have left the rest alone. They leave SOL unharmed, they don't destroy the stations and ships completely, they collect what they need.

And here comes my last argument:

in different threads I have pointed out several times and provided pictorial evidence that with the convoys as with the large transport ships all of the containers were examined by the Thargoids, but in the majority always only certain were " cracked ", namely those of CAINE-MASSEY and BREWER.

And now please look at the containers we find in The Sanctum and The Prophet: only those with the inscriptions of the above-mentioned galaxy-wide operating companies CAINE-MASSEY and BREWER.
    So did these two companies carry out human transports since a long time that the Thargoids knew about and attacked them?

So it is possible that long time ago, after the first Thargoid war and the direct contacts with the Thargoids that (according to the Lore) took place, there was an agreement, as perverse as it may sound: we give you a free hand here in the bubble, as long as you give us a free hand as well. Translated: You can fish people here as long as we - The Club and the Super Powers - can pursue our interests unhindered.

With the discovery of the Guardian bases and the development of Guardian weapons, this agreement has been disrupted. Now the Guardians have even helped us to get new ships with the lately discovered Beacons - their relics are our salvation in the fight against the increasing Thargoid threat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast