Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: New Surface Bases

  1. #31
    Personally I think the sects are just nutters - but that they may have found a way to "attract" Thargoids - those collected are bound for the dinner plate or worse.
    Reminds me of the "Quatermass Conclusion" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quatermass_(TV_serial) - where the Cult of Planet People worship at stone circles believing they will be transported to a better life on an alien world. Well worth a watch if you can find it - exactly the classic type of British SF that Elite was born form.

    Edit - found the full transcript

    Huffity, puffity, Ringstone Round,
    If you lose your hat it will never be found,
    So pull your britches right up to your chin,
    And fasten your cloak with a bright new pin,
    And when you are ready, then we can begin,
    Huffity, puffity, puff!

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    And that, Cmdrs, is how we get



    A bio-mechanical canister containing biological matter of Thargoid origin. It is unclear what the purpose of the matter contained within is, but it appears that the Thargoids have the ability to break down and reuse biological matter. It has been speculated that they also use this material in the construction on their structures, technology and ships

    This is why I did a lot of S&R when the Thargoids first showed up. Don't regret that decision, even if most of them were FedRats.


  3. #33

    Jasmina Halsey

    I haven't seen much speculation around Jasmina Halsey and her involvement for a few months

    e.g. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Jasmina-Halsey

    Whether she met some Guardian remnant or Thargoids has been an open question. Given her original language I was leaning towards Guardians and somehow supplying clues to Ram Tah.

    https://community.elitedangerous.com...57baaa2efde6b6

    The Etain logs posted above by Henoch got me thinking about whether she is behind the cults somehow though.

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by Gennar View Post (Source)
    I haven't seen much speculation around Jasmina Halsey and her involvement for a few months

    e.g. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Jasmina-Halsey

    Whether she met some Guardian remnant or Thargoids has been an open question. Given her original language I was leaning towards Guardians and somehow supplying clues to Ram Tah.

    https://community.elitedangerous.com...57baaa2efde6b6

    The Etain logs posted above by Henoch got me thinking about whether she is behind the cults somehow though.
    Really interesting points! And the research along the links you gave brought me back to nearly forgotten issues! Thank you for that.
    In the light of recent Galnet news and the fact, that FD continues to play that card, I am looking forward to new developments - or another CG to end this BGS??

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by Gennar View Post (Source)
    I haven't seen much speculation around Jasmina Halsey and her involvement for a few months

    e.g. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Jasmina-Halsey

    Whether she met some Guardian remnant or Thargoids has been an open question. Given her original language I was leaning towards Guardians and somehow supplying clues to Ram Tah.

    https://community.elitedangerous.com...57baaa2efde6b6

    The Etain logs posted above by Henoch got me thinking about whether she is behind the cults somehow though.
    While it's possible there could be some Guardian exiles still around, it's more likely that it's the Constructors behind this. They're responsible for wiping the Guardians out, and are likely why COL 70 and/or CONE are permit locked. Hard to hide borgified space without locking it away from prying eyes. Thargoid activity has been detected out towards the California nebula, while Guardian space borders COL 70. Lastly, Merope is of major significance to the Thargoids and that mystery still remains a mystery. I have a feeling something is hidden in the system and needs to be found similar to how Generation Ships are discovered. We have a point of reference to fly towards. Barnard's Loop.

    My prediction is that at some point in the not too distant future, Humans and Thargoids will have to put aside differences and work together to defeat the Constructors.

  6. #36
    Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Two New Surface Sites in Etain:
    The Prophet (attacked) at Etain 4 C
    The Sanctum (unconfirmed) at Etain 4 A

    Found via Eagle Eye - finally it gets something interesting

    Oh, and they are Far God related
    Are they more of the same, or Different in any way? please!

  7. #37
    Latest Galnet news are suggestive of downplaying the sect. No contacts with Thargoids? When you go to the two bases in Etain you'll meet them. The latest Galnet news contradict the logs at the stations. By the way, has anyone tried to find further bases? Such as with INRA? Or do you think FD will settle this BGS?

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by Alkibiades View Post (Source)
    Oh boy... the logs...


    https://vocaroo.com/i/s0VGmSCJOLAP all logs in correct order 1 to 9.



    I have been visited by a flower ship at the Sanctum.

    The Prophet is basically a new Dav's Hope. Lots of stuff to collect, no high grade so far.
    Thanks for posting the audio loggs. I never would know what this was all about without you posting this...

  9. #39
    Originally Posted by Alkibiades View Post (Source)
    Oh boy... the logs...


    https://vocaroo.com/i/s0VGmSCJOLAP all logs in correct order 1 to 9.



    I have been visited by a flower ship at the Sanctum.

    The Prophet is basically a new Dav's Hope. Lots of stuff to collect, no high grade so far.
    Good stuff ty. Way to go FD
    Reminds me of this chick tract https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20070822125208

  10. #40
    Voice acting is superb! Parked at Sanctum, waiting to be evolved! Take me, oh Far God!

    Edit: I was only kidding! The Far God come and I bumped into him... I was able to run away to lick my hull wounds.

    Spoiler: Thargoids have no sense of humour.

  11. #41
    I finally got back to this and listened to the audio log collection.

    I am almost sure that the one voice on there is Flossy's voice. Please confirm.

  12. #42
    Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    Merope is of major significance to the Thargoids and that mystery still remains a mystery.
    I suspect Merope will undergo a measurable increase in mass once the the Q4 update hits, as it gets buried under new scan probes.

  13. #43
    Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post (Source)
    While it's possible there could be some Guardian exiles still around, it's more likely that it's the Constructors behind this. They're responsible for wiping the Guardians out, and are likely why COL 70 and/or CONE are permit locked. Hard to hide borgified space without locking it away from prying eyes. Thargoid activity has been detected out towards the California nebula, while Guardian space borders COL 70. Lastly, Merope is of major significance to the Thargoids and that mystery still remains a mystery. I have a feeling something is hidden in the system and needs to be found similar to how Generation Ships are discovered. We have a point of reference to fly towards. Barnard's Loop.

    My prediction is that at some point in the not too distant future, Humans and Thargoids will have to put aside differences and work together to defeat the Constructors.
    An there lovely new navy made up of human/guardian hybrid ships!

  14. #44
    Ok, according to this Galnet news FD seems to settle the BGS of the "Far God" sect. And as always, the whole thing is not completely conclusive because it is stated that no evidence of contact with the Thargoids could be surfaced. The Thargoids did found their bases, at least, because if you visit the sites, they turn up and scan everything. Well...ok, case closed.

  15. #45

    "Sect of the Far God" -- It isn't over yet!


    In a recent posting (No. 30) I analysed the whole topic of the "Far God Sect" thoroughly. According to the logs and accompanying Galnet texts, it seemed likely that there might be something more to come in the future. So it is now according to a brandnew Galnet news. FD has not put to rest this BGS. It still remains exciting because the Exotheologian is cited as if there might exist more of these outposts - somewhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast