Page 170 of 171 FirstFirst ... 165168169170171 LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2559

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Important Community Update

ED 4.0? Hmmm, my pointless and ill informed guess is smaller update June 2019, big update November/December 2019.

Originally Posted by wstephenson View Post (Source)
    C'mon, 4th quarter - are you new here, or something?
    But ONE HUNDRED PEOPLE so surely (not that long)?

Originally Posted by Sterlino View Post (Source)
    I wonder how many months of "emptyness" will awaits us after the last update of beyond.

I only hope that will, at least, have an official announcement this december of what it will be the next expansion...

please tell me it will be so.
    Unlikely I'd say. They generally don't announce too far in advance - Beyond season being a bit different in that they did leak the general outline. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about "4.0" until well into the middle of next year. Apart, perhaps from the pricing/sales structure. It may not be sold as a season as such, but more one standalone big release or something like that.

You aren't getting my money until you fix, and properly punish combat logging.

Originally Posted by Swizzy o7o7 View Post (Source)
    Sending the boys/ladettes round with a sock full of wet sand?

As a LEP owner with a few different accounts (all VR), I really couldnít care less about the free stuff...just a promise that VR will continue to be be supported going forward. There have been rumours and whispers that havenít been addressed this year and a comment specifically about VR support would be a nice Xmas present 🎁

Originally Posted by Swizzy o7o7 View Post (Source)
    I don't disagree with you, combat logging is a big problem but its not easy to fix though. As long as peer to peer is a thing in elite, disconnects will be common and how do you prove someone logged instead of disconnected, even when the circumstances weigh heavily into the "logged"category? I have heard a few suggestion that make logging more difficult but I have yet to hear a solution. I think this is an issue that needs attention but honestly there are other things they need to fix first, like instancing. How are squads going to operate as squads if putting a dozen people in a combat instance crashes the game?

Nope. Combat logging is a great thing.

It encourages people to actually play in open in the face of hackers/glitchers, which are apparently as common as actual players doing pvp.

So either kill off the subset of the population irl that's glitching/hacking or leave it in (not serious here just alluding to the sock reference in the previous post.. which.. honestly I'd love to see used on cheaters.)

Originally Posted by SeroJu View Post (Source)
    Nope. Combat logging is a great thing.

It encourages people to actually play in open in the face of hackers/glitchers, which are apparently as common as actual players doing pvp.
    You can't expect anyone to take you seriously with a post like that do you? Hackers/glitchers are such a small issue that its almost non-existent. What I am quite sure you are calling hackers and glitchers are griefers who are playing by the rules, have highly engineered ships, combat skills, and usually attack in mass. Griefers negatively impact the game but they are playing by the rules. The fact you have to log to get away from them says more about you than it does them. If you took 30 minutes to learn how to escape even the best player in the best ship 95% of the time, you wouldn't have to log. Being to lazy to learn the game and take proper precautions is not an excuse for combat logging.

Is it OK, if I say that I have reached Stage 4.99, and have nearly achieved acceptance?

Originally Posted by Rick Bravo View Post (Source)
    You can't expect anyone to take you seriously with a post like that do you? Hackers/glitchers are such a small issue that its almost non-existent. What I am quite sure you are calling hackers and glitchers are griefers who are playing by the rules, have highly engineered ships, combat skills, and usually attack in mass. Griefers negatively impact the game but they are playing by the rules. The fact you have to log to get away from them says more about you than it does them. If you took 30 minutes to learn how to escape even the best player in the best ship 95% of the time, you wouldn't have to log. Being to lazy to learn the game and take proper precautions is not an excuse for combat logging.
    Link to 30 mins -> ACE lessons 'cos I need it being 81.

Since you are 81 and I respect my elders I'll give you the abbreviated version.

If you go into open.
    1) Do not fly shieldless
    2) Engineer your ship to be able to escape. This includes but may not be limited to heavy duty deep plating for your hull (costs no weight but gives hull strength), your distributor (engine focused), and your shields (reinforced hi cap). (also, no e rated stuff either, for you own good. I get d rated stuff gives more jump and a bit more speed, but consider A rating key modules, you don't loose that much from the d rated stuff)

When interdicted by a player do these things, in this order, as fast as possible:

1) open your nav panel and select another system to hi-wake to
    2) 4 pips systems 2 pips engines
    3) submit
    4) Max throttle and immediately boost away from your attacker and engage your fsd (keep boosting away)
    5) Fa off and align with your target system (keep boosting away)
    6) Put your ship into a spin heading toward your target system (and continue boosting)until the fsd is fully charged. when your fsd is charged, turn fa on to stabilize your ship for jump, and jump

Congrats you have escaped all but the most skilled attacker in a ship designed to interrupt your fsd. You are not going to run into that build often (unless they are specifically hunting you and don't want you to escape). Its a specific build and it sacrifices quite a bit so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Now it is possible for your attacker to follow you and try again but this is rare and honestly not worth the attackers time since you can repeat this over and over.

There 30 minutes in 5

[retracted] I thought FDEV had posted a new announcement but it's the old one haahahahaha - so much waffle - whoops.

You realize this was in August, right? The community was very vehemently asking for an update, so we got one.

"Get on with it & drop atmospheric plants" - I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.