Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Important Community Update

So more promises and less delivery from FDev. Just another day. Dissappointed, but coming to expect that these days. I can see why the number of players is dwindling

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #32
    Originally Posted by Elebril View Post (Source)
    Thank you for sharing this information. For me it has been a nearly 500 hour ride with Elite and I am looking forward to the future with excitement after reading this post. I will happily continue supporting the game, regardless of whether the updates are free or not. I got more than enough of my money's worth. Thank you!
    That's awesome to hear. Thank you!

This FD.

This is what the community needs more of.

Look I just want to know one thing about the paid content

How much it will cost?
    When will it be out?
    And will you take my money?

cheers for the free beyond stuff so far..... bought a jack o'lantern bobble head with the money I saved

Bill

PS Can we have a kerbal bobblehead? my money is wanting to say 'goodbye' to me

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #35
    Originally Posted by StevieG View Post (Source)
    High five. Looking forward to seeing what I get in my free store goody bag
    Hey Stevie! long time no speak. Hope you and the Delta team are good.

Always better to have the info even when it's not good news. Thanks.

Yah for things and stuff !!.

I don't usually write on forums but...? to be honest I am deeply disappointed. Can't even find the words to describe it. Elite was a game that I loved, that I thought to be the best game I ever bought... this is not what that game represented back when I bought it. I am sorry, i know the amount of work and love you put into the game, but this is simply unnacceptable.

Happy to see that the LEP is not forgotten (for the future).

Hope that the new era of Elite appears, before the end of the decade

Speculation is the mother of all rumours Zac :-)

So, I see Chapter 4 being an extension of what we have with new elements for teamplay. Maybe even a civil war in the Alliance?

The unnamed era sounds interesting. If squadron carriers (speculation rising) cannot be introduced in chapter 4, I suspect its down to how the game works (P2P) and how such connectivity is too "fragile" across the player base for it to be a viable. Therefore (rumour control at full volume here) we may be looking at a complete new approach to multi-player provision and a move away from P2P and into the realms of "other games" methods of delivery. Once up and running then we get the introduction of carriers (rumour mill now smoking as the gears overheat) as paid for content.

Maybe space legs too (not my favourite mode but it keeps the speculation ambling along) and....nukes?

I'm off to pour mineral oil onto the cogs at the rumour mill, we cannot let this opportunity to create higher levels of speculation pass.

Originally Posted by Primey View Post (Source)
    So more promises and less delivery from FDev. Just another day. Dissappointed, but coming to expect that these days. I can see why the number of players is dwindling
    They said they trade Carriers in Q4 for different, still revealed new gameplay. Basically they added some new things they will reveal soon.

They essentially will deliver more.

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #42
    Originally Posted by DDexter View Post (Source)
    That means the carriers are out of update 4 and will be delivered as a paid content next year? For real?
    No, that's not what was said.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

exciting next steps

Thanks
    Legs confirmed o7

Originally Posted by Tunotemetas View Post (Source)
    I don't usually write on forums but...? to be honest I am deeply disappointed. Can't even find the words to describe it. Elite was a game that I loved, that I thought to be the best game I ever bought... this is not what that game represented back when I bought it. I am sorry, i know the amount of work and love you put into the game, but this is simply unnacceptable.
    Not really understanding what is unacceptable? Really curious.

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    No, that's not what was said.
    So carriers are in update 4?

Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast